• Show
Clear All
  • RSS Robot
    The Source
    • Jan 29 2007

Bring back the SHO, baby!

Filed under: Time Warp, Sedans/Saloons, Ford

click above image for renderings of the 2009 Ford Taurus SHO Concept

var digg_url = 'http://digg.com/design/Bring_back_the_Ford_Taurus_SHO_baby'; Those that know me are well aware of my infatuation with the Ford Taurus SHO. Those not among the automotive literati scoff that I would waste my affections on a Taurus, but those in the know realize that in 1989 Ford introduced a pivotal sports sedan with a gem of a motor called the Taurus SHO, a.k.a. Super High Output. With the reemergence of the Taurus name in 2008, we've already had fun speculating what a SHO version of the new Taurus might look like. Some folks who are as serious about the SHO as I am have gone one step further, however, and created a website, the sole purpose of which is to convince Ford to once again produce a Taurus SHO.

Bringbackthesho.com (BBTS) went live on February 11th immediately following the announcement at the 2007 Chicago Auto Show that the Five-Hundred would henceforth be known as the Taurus. The BBTS site features concept renderings of what a 2009 Taurus SHO might look like (see gallery below courtesy of BBTS), all convincing and attractive IMHO. It also features a section discussing possible engine candidates that include the 4.4L V8 from Yamaha that's a distant cousin of the last SHO motor and currently used in the Volvo XC90, as well as the concept TwinForce motor introduced in the Lincoln MKR concept. You can brush up on your SHO history and even watch an original commercial for the Gen. 1 Taurus SHO!

[Source: Bringbacktheshow.com]
    %Gallery-1823%Continue reading Bring back the SHO, baby!

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments
    BOLD MOVES: THE FUTURE OF FORD A new documentary series. Be part of the transformation as it happens in real-time

More...
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎