Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bcomo
    Super-Experienced
    • Sep 23 2005

Thanks tp tbird. Maybe you could do a post after the rebuild on how things went.

By the way, if you have the original starter in there, now would be the best time to change it. It's almost an impossible job to change a starter in the car with a 430 and A/C. The engine has to be jacked up untill the bell housing is literally into the A/C box for the starter to clear the crossmember. That's exactly what had to be done on mine.
    Bart
    1960 Hard Top/430
    Thunderbird Registry Number 1231

Comment

• bcomo
      Super-Experienced
      • Sep 23 2005

I don't see the 430 listed on the Fast Engine Parts Web site. http://www.fastengineparts.com
      Bart
      1960 Hard Top/430

Comment

• tp tbird
        Experienced
        • Dec 17 2007

The place I have my engine at called me and said it is ready ,but I just got out of the hospital after 4 days in with a heart-attact.Had to have a stint ,I think everything looks okay.As for the 59 bird I will have to go slow for awhile till I can do heavy things.My engine cost me alot ,the shop that done the work on the short block re-build cost $3,298+$1,245 in parts,heads $496+$151 for new valves.I will have over $6,000+ , closer to 7grand with the other bolt-on parts

Comment

• Alexander
          Webmaster
          • Oct 30 2002

I hope you recover well.
          Alexander
          1959 Hard Top
          1960 Golde Top
          sigpic

Comment

• tp tbird
            Experienced
            • Dec 17 2007

Maddog

Originally posted by bcomo
            I don't see the 430 listed on the Fast Engine Parts Web site. http://www.fastengineparts.com
            Maddog engine parts is the one I talked to The guy was Harris (1-800-9404379)
            On the kits they have Basic,Master,or Deluxe
            It just depends what you need to rebuild,but they will give and take on parts in a kit,like if you don't need one thing ,and need something else that is not in a kit they will adjust price.The kit I got was a master and I added valve springs and push rods.It came with a rebuild kit for the oil pump ,but it was suppose to be a new one ,so they did send a new one when I told they about it ,it is not the vac,also the kit come with a new cam ,all the gaskets,timing gears ,chain,ect.The rear main seal is a wick seal so it is best to replace it with a neopreme one, part number B6A321B $27.15+s/h in the Thunderbird Headquarters book.tom p

Comment

• tp tbird
              Experienced
              • Dec 17 2007

Thanks ,hope so too so I can get back to work on the convertible ,before I get he medical bills

Comment

• bcomo
                Super-Experienced
                • Sep 23 2005

tp tbird:

Thanks for the rebuild info.

Hope that you recover fast -- and the medical bills are low.

Take Care.
                Bart
                1960 Hard Top/430

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍