Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbird430
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 18 2007

Yes my 430cid car has A/C. I've only used it like 5 times though. I have my motor apart trying to stop an overheating problem...
    sigpic
    The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• fomoco59
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 10 2005

Nice, a 430 w/ AC is pretty rare.. too bad it didn't have a sunroof, eh? The little AC vent really doesn't do a lot for me..find myself leaning over to get some "air" !
      sigpic
      Mike Lemmon
      '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• ncbird
        Experienced
        • Jan 5 2008

a/c

Thats an interesting observation on the Air and having to lean over. I am putting vents down in front of the stainless on each side along with the center vent. I hope it pumps a lot of a/c because it gets hot down here. Grant
        Grant
        NCbird on the Coast of NC
        "Dads Bird" for my father

Comment

• tbird430
          Super-Experienced
          • Jun 18 2007

Yes sir Mike, I wish I had that sunroof option too. That is the only reason I would ever sell/trade my Bird....
          sigpic
          The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Anders
            Super-Experienced
            • Jan 19 2008

Originally posted by FeFranco
            By the way, the way you described the '59 sounds like a major task also. When there is rust on the chrome parts in the interior I will not walk, but run from that rust bucket. Take a look at this '59. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/648931439.html You would be waaaaaay ahead of the game with this Black Beauty. I just want to be realistic.
            10K for that. WoW.
            I know Ruth was sold for 5,5K and when the wheeler & dealer got his share, and the shipping was payed, I payed what´s equivilant to 16,5K. And I concider that price very resonable. I can sell her today for 23K. Easy.
            You are lucky guys. They come cheep for you.
            And did I mension that we pay like 8,2 Dollar per gallon here...
            sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
            http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• RustyNCa
              Super-Experienced
              • May 31 2007

Originally posted by FeFranco
              By the way, the way you described the '59 sounds like a major task also. When there is rust on the chrome parts in the interior I will not walk, but run from that rust bucket. Take a look at this '59. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/648931439.html You would be waaaaaay ahead of the game with this Black Beauty. I just want to be realistic.
              Should I feel guilty if I buy a car like that, lower it, tub it, add aftermarket a/c, disc brakes, narrow the rear end and run 18x10 or 12 in the rear, and 17 or 18 up front, add a stereo with subs and amps in the trunk, I feel a bit bad doing that to a nice car.

Comment

• Petrolhead
                Experienced
                • Jul 2 2007

**** no, bring it on - restoration through hot rodded, it's the diversity that makes this hobby so cool. I think it's been said here before, this site is also way cool because everybody respects what fellow enthusiasts do with their cars, and offer helpful suggestions whether it' s stock or modified. There are no attitudes or egos, which is all to rare nowadays.

Comment

If you've paid for it do with it what you want.I wouldn't be that hard to bring it back if ya wanted.Keep all the parts.

Comment

Alright Rusty here ya go!

Comment

• byersmtrco
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Sep 28 2004

If I found a low mileage "prestine" original, I'd keep it stock.
                      But if your starting from the ground up on one, do it (your way)

I kind of like the sleeper affect.

I got on the freeway a few weeks ago. Some guy behind me in a nice 71 or 72 Chevy truck (short bed fleetside) thought he was gonna just dust me. NOT!!!!!! I had my foot clean in it, and he stayed right with me but couldn't go by me. He prob had a mild small block.
                      I laughed thinkin, you need more smoke than that to go by this Ford !!

When I backed off to to about 70 he rolled up next to me and gave me the thumbs up. I'll bet he NEVER expected a 60 TBird to move like that.

Not that it's a total race car, but it goes good. A newer Corvette or Mustang would dust me (But I don't race them!!!) But it goes pretty good.

Comment

• Anders
                        Super-Experienced
                        • Jan 19 2008

Originally posted by El Guapo

Aaagghh! I need more money. Like now.
                        sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
                        http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰