Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sure lots of TBirds for sale locally this weekend.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RustyNCa
    Super-Experienced
    • May 31 2007

Sure lots of TBirds for sale locally this weekend.

One 58 I had looked at a couple years ago has come on the market. It is a 58, White ext, blue interior car. a/c, non pwr window car, with color matched shag carpet from the 70's . The owner is in the hospital and his kids are cleaning up his place, everything is for sale....

Anyway, transmission is in the garage and so is a mtr that the kid was told is a 352 the dad bought somewhere. Very straight car way nicer than mine, asked him what he wants for it... told "9,500 and have been offered 7,000 for it".. I think he is way high on price? Left him a card. I was thinking it might be worth 3,000?

GF told me to go look at a 65 sitting on the side of the road, she said it was burgandy with a black top, so I head that way, come around the corner and find a 66 sitting on the side of the road, but it is a red with white painted top car, for 8,500, actually a very nice car. Call her and say, um, it's red... well, different car, go find the other one, and it's real rough. Burgandy, with black vinyl landau with black interior, needs paint, top, interior, lady says it might run, doesn't know, has driven it in 15 years. Ask her what she wants, "$7,500 and I won't be bargined with or diker on the price..."

Tell my dad about them and he says, I saw a Black one with a sale sign in it... drive over there with him and sure enough there sits a 59, skirts, powerwindow, black interior not to bad, does have a motor in it. Look under the hood and the engine bay is a greenish silver color. It is sitting along the freeway by a body shop with two guys there, go and talk with them, told well, an old lady owns it, it has sat here for at least two years and they think it is now a "make an offer" car. It's in better shape than my 59, think I am going to call the body shop on Monday. Thought I would feel them out but was thinking maybe offer 1,000, 1,500?

Didn't think to take photos of any but the white one. or get the data plate off the 59.

• Petrolhead
    Experienced
    • Jul 2 2007

Went to a hot rod breakfast in Auckland (New Zealand) yesterday morning, this '60 was for sale for NZ$25,000 (US$19,750) which is a little less than what a similar car would sell for. Looking at the licence plate it had just been registered, possibly just in from the US. The grille was a bit out of shape and it had an average quality repaint.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

RustyNca thanks for th pixs and can you do me a favouur when and if they call you back. See if the tranny is the original " cruise-o-matic" and what condition is it in?? By that I mean, if the father bought the 352 a while back did the tranny come with it? Also very interested in obtaining the tranny tool ( very sophisticated name ) to adjust belts for my 58.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• RustyNCa
        Super-Experienced
        • May 31 2007

Originally posted by Petrolhead
        Went to a hot rod breakfast in Auckland (New Zealand) yesterday morning, this '60 was for sale for NZ$25,000 (US$19,750) which is a little less than what a similar car would sell for. Looking at the licence plate it had just been registered, possibly just in from the US. The grille was a bit out of shape and it had an average quality repaint.
        Looks very nice in the photo.

By the way....the guy with the white one was telling me he understood there were only about 100 58 TBirds in the US, I know of four of those hundred in Redding at the moment

Comment

• RustyNCa
          Super-Experienced
          • May 31 2007

Originally posted by Dan Leavens
          RustyNca thanks for th pixs and can you do me a favouur when and if they call you back. See if the tranny is the original " cruise-o-matic" and what condition is it in?? By that I mean, if the father bought the 352 a while back did the tranny come with it? Also very interested in obtaining the tranny tool ( very sophisticated name ) to adjust belts for my 58.

The tranny is the one out of the 58 (assuming the tranny I found in the garage is it), the guys step dad is the second owner, first owner lived about 6 houses away I guess. Car still has the license plate rim from the old no longer around dealer call Lou Gerard Ford on it.

He had a wall of keys(I would guess 200 plus) and didn't even know which set of keys were for the tbird, so I found it on the wall, still weren't able to open the trunk, who knows what's in it.

Also if I get a good deal on the black 59, I imagine I will part out the 59 I currently have, it has a cruisematic in it, but I have no idea on condition. I am really torn about parting out a car, seems like a waste but.....

here is a link to my 59.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎