Did you guy's know we could do this?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

With our surge tanks?
    Took my valve covers to a friends polishing shop and he saw my surge tank (which is brass) and did this!

• YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

No, I didn't! That looks nice! I had thought about having mine chromed at one time, but someone told me it was not a good idea to chrome a surge tank. Something about possibly making it weaker and less able to hold up to heat, if I understood that right. But that is not chroming it. That sounds like he just took off the black paint and shined it up! It looks like it has been chromed! Thanks for sharing that!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Penelope
      Super-Experienced
      • Mar 4 2008

That looks cool EG, it makes you wonder why they would paint brass with a dull black paint? The polished brass certainly is nice, gives it a real "old fashioned" look.
      sigpicBill
      Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

You just added to my winter list of things to do.I wander if that will make the car run cooler.I am thinking about installing AC also this winter
        Bob M

Comment

• Dan Leavens
          Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

EG that looks really cool and certainly will dress up the engine bay with the valve covers.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
          Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
          Thunderbird Registry
          58HT #33317
          60 HT (Sold )

Comment

I need those valve cover to go with my finned stacks! They look sweet, can't wait to see all that on the car!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎