Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KULTULZ

-PREVIOUS POST DESCRIBING SCAREBIRDS MOUNTING BRACKETS- CLICK HERE--

Originally posted by tully

I just finished adding scarebird disc brakes to my 59 Ranchero, all went well till I had to heat up the spacer in the kitchen oven, wife was mad over that... other wise It took 2 hours and a trip to the hardware store for some bolts.

The 14" rims rib so going to get a spacer tomorrow and see if that will work.

Dennis
    Originally posted by simplyconnected

Good goin', Dennis! I'd like to see your pictures, too.

Sounds like you are happy with your new disk brakes. How well do they work? Did you install a combination proportioning valve? Are you using a power assist booster?

It's true, I never heated my spacers. Just pounded them home with a pipe. They never left a mark.

If you have any questions about this setup, rattle my cage. - Dave
    I am getting somewhat concerned here. Have to heat and beat them on? They do not come with hardened fasteners so one goes to HOME DEPOT and purchases cheap CHI-COM fasteners for automotive brakes?

I went to their site and it seems they recommend using a hodge-podge of random GM parts. What would you do if on a trip and some local had to find all of those differing parts to make a repair?

Do they claim 14" wheels will fit the conversion?

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

Leonard, you're doing just fine. This is an open forum but it is also a means to contact individual members.

General discussion is always encouraged and topics are widely debated. The more info passed to one another, the more we all benefit.

Personal (or Private) Messages are just that. You don't need to explain or apologize, any more than you would for a phone conversation. PM'ing is simply a way to speak with 'select' members for any reason you wish. You are certainly welcome to PM anyone anytime, and say whatever you wish. For the record, I PM'ed you because this topic has been discussed at length, here on squarebirds.org; now it is redundant.

Kultulz, I will continue the discussion regarding brakes to the 'Disk Brake Conversion' thread because that's where it belongs. We always have problems finding this kind of discussion later, if it is scattered over many threads. - Dave
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• 1960 Edsel 292
        • Aug 20 2010

i personally thank kultulz and simplyconnected for your info and time in helping me with the power brake questions. i always gather all info i can, then go from there. you guys are great, as is everyone else who has chimed in.

my buddy ordered the scarebird brackets and will go with the booster and master from oldirishdave.

im thinking the 14 wheels are gonna be a problem. we will see when it all goes together, im guessing in a few months, after he gets all the parts together.... money is always a problem these days.

thanks again for all the help guys,

leonard

Comment

• ayrwoof
          Experienced
          • Apr 4 2005

60 edsel conv

Ive seen two a black one and a red one and one in art markings salvage yard.. it was white.. good luck has anyone know how well first hand the
          ceramic drum shoes work? oh nice ranger ..

Comment

• ayrwoof
            Experienced
            • Apr 4 2005

vaccuum booster pump??

Does anyone here know what manifold vaccuum a stock 352 has at idle?
            and at idle in drive?? thank you guys this will help me alot?

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎