Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1oldkid
    Apprentice
    • Oct 5 2011

Knew I had it posted somewhere on here. The tires are, front 245 45ZR17's on 17x8" wheels and rear 275 40ZR18's on 18x9" wheels.

Comment

• Anders
      Super-Experienced
      • Jan 19 2008

I´m not much of a supporter of new wheels on old cars, but this baby is GREAT! Beutiful color also. 10 out of 10!
      sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• 1oldkid
        Apprentice
        • Oct 5 2011

Anders, Thanks. They are an aftermarket repop of the early cobra wheels. I just selected them all chrome, but they do come in the gunmetal grey like the originals. Wanting the resto-mod look using 'ford like' items so it doesn't venture to far off the path. The color is a 66 factory color option, medium turquoise metallic.

Comment

• Dakota Boy
          Super-Experienced
          • Jun 30 2009

your car looks awesome, dude.
          http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• 1oldkid
            Apprentice
            • Oct 5 2011

Finally a couple of pics and an update! Wife and I have spent the last few months becoming foster parents and that set my projects back awhile but I am hoping to get this back on the road before the end of summer.
            Anyway, I have the front end torn down and have a few of the parts from one side stripped down, cleaned and painted. Now need to get the other items cleaned/painted and the control arms to the sand blaster so I can get them painted. Last will be me taking time to strip the frame area, and detail all of the wheel well area. I have a new front end rebuild kit, the lowered springs and new brake lines etc to get it back together. After way to much thought I have decided on a satin black frame and control arms, charcoal grey backing plates, strut rods, springs and other misc pieces. Gloss black shocks and chrome sway bar. The hardware will all be zinc plated and the metal brake and fuel lines will all be bright stainless. I go a little too far with the detailing, as I'm told but I want it clean and parts to stand out. Nothing real bright and flashy but clean, detailed and driveable. Here are a couple of pics. My starting point, a few of the parts cleaned and painted, what the hardware looks like before the zinc plating. I try to use as many of the original items as possible, so I take each bolt/part and wire wheel them down to bare metal and then they either get painted/plated or left bare. Sorry for the long gaps in the build and more to follow as I get time.
            Attached Files

Comment

• simplyconnected
              Administrator
              • May 26 2009

Dan, family always comes first... always. Raising biological children is very hard. Fostering children makes you and your wife, true saints. I wish your family all God's blessings.

I love the close attention to fine detail you are doing on your Thunderbird. When it's done, your work will really pay off.

Nice job. - Dave
              Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
              --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• 1oldkid
                Apprentice
                • Oct 5 2011

The work continues, actually I think it never ends.... I am picking up the sway bar this week and have 2 control arms left to strip and paint then all of the parts are done and ready to go back on the car. This weekend I will start on the frame, hard lines and mounting brackets in the wheel well area. It's been 105+ everyday for the past 2 weeks so its a little tough to get out there and not sweat all over! A couple more pics. a before/after of a backing plate, now/old springs and the "puzzle" pieces for 1 side, before they get cleaned.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎