X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Yellow Rose Awarded 1st Place

Yellow Rose was awarded 1st Place in the Modified Division at the VTCI South Central Regional Convention in Austin. This is her second year to earn this award. I was also awarded the Hardluck Award because on the way up IH-35, an 18 wheeler cattle truck pulled over in front of me and a few minutes later, some cow cut loose with a "Golden Shower" and pee'd all over the front and windshield of my Beloved Yellow Rose! My electric windshield wipers worked well. That certainly did not make me happy for that to happen for sure. I had already washed and cleaned her before I left, so I had to wash her down again after I got here. One of the "wags" at the convention said that at least, that "shower" probably matched Rose's paint job! I will be leaving for home in the morning.
    Last edited by YellowRose; April 15, 2012, 12:51 PM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • scumdog
    Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Ah, 'p'd on eh Ray? - then I bet you were 'p'd off too - for a brief period of time...

And well done regarding the award, I bet that made up for the bovine urine incident huh!
    A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

Congratulations, Ray. BTW, stay well behind cattle trucks because it could have been worse. - Dave
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• LuckyJay
        • Jan 4 2007

Same thing happened to me, only I was on a motorcycle. The shower not the award.

Comment

• keith
          Super-Experienced
          • Feb 13 2010

Congrats Ray on your awards. I heard on the radio about a chance for scattered showers, I guess one found you.
          Keith
          Sedalia, Mo.
          sigpic
          CLICK HERE for Keith's web site

Comment

Hey Ray,
            Congratulations on Rose's award! Sorry to hear about the "Golden Shower" in another situation that could have been a good thing LOL!
            Richard D. Hord

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

I figured ya'll were going to have fun with that "shower" thang... Yes, I know never to travel behind a cattle truck, but I never had a chance to slow down, change lanes or do anything but sit there and take it! I could not move left or right because I was boxed in and about a minute or less after he moved over in front of me, that cow cut loose... Never had a chance!

As for the VTCI Regional, Not only did we have Paul Prokop, the VTCI Concours Director there, but we also had Leo Gravelle, the NE Regional Director from Quebec there. In addition, ex VTCI President & Secretary, Lou & Marilyn Paliani were also there. All the storm activity stayed north of us, thank goodness, though we did have a few sprinkles, but nothing to mar the event. There were about 30 cars there, 2 '58's, 2 '59's (the Blue/White one is a '59 that looks like a '60) and a '60 Golde Top, plus other assorted Babybirds, Bulletbirds, Flairbirds and Retrobirds. There were about 100 people attending, but many of them chose not to drive their Tbirds because of gas prices, and threat of severe weather in their area. Many of them had to drive back into the severe weather now hitting North Texas, Oklahoma and beyond.

The theme of the Regional this year was "Lost In The 50's" and a number of the gals were decked out in poodle skirts and penny loafers. Also, the Operations Inspection team this year was performed by our women members!

Here are some pix of my awards, including the "HardLuck" Award, for what happened to me on the trip up. I had to tell them the story. Also some of the car pix taken early on as cars were arriving. You will also see Rose being judged on Saturday. I was one of the VTCI Judges again this year, judging other Divisions other than the Modified Division, which Rose is entered in.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by YellowRose; April 15, 2012, 01:45 PM.

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Ray also congrats on the 1st place award modified for the second year in a rowLook at you go!!! With respect to the " cattle hauler " thing and the subsequent " showering " perhaps that was a blessing in disguise It could have been worse as this incident may have happened when the cattle unit was passing you and you had the window down Do you know the owner of the 58 Wimbleton White ( looks like ) and are they a member of our site??
                Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                Thunderbird Registry
                58HT #33317
                60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• YellowRose
                  Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Dano, No, I do not know the owner of the '58 that was next to me, though we did talk. I do not remember who that was, or what club he was with. Many of the people there are probably active on the VTCI Forum, and not ours. As for riding with the windows down, they were down.... It was cool enough to drive with the windows down, and I guess I got lucky that cow waited until the truck was ahead of me to cut loose. Luckily, the truck was far enough ahead of me, and the cow was in the front of the truck so that I just got a light misting on the front of the car and windshield. I am glad I was not riding a motorcycle like Jay ~ wildcat15 was! Lol...

Comment

• SandyBoy
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Oct 31 2002

Congratulations Ray. Display the award proudly

~ Sandy

Comment

• Jimz Bird
                      Experienced
                      • Feb 3 2011

Congrats Ray, Rose is an OUTSTANDING Bird and pics of her will be floating around the internet for years.

Between leaking water beds and leaking cows you sure are having some fluid issues lately.
                      Jim
                      Jimz Greenie with a White Hat and Brown Guts (ZE-XG)
                      sigpic

CLICK HERE for Jimz web site

Comment

• SandyBoy
                        Super-Experienced
                        • Oct 31 2002

Way to go, Ray !! Car looks great.
                        I went to a Buick "Get-2-Toghter 2 day
                        Some unreal original examples.
                        You deserve that win !!

~ Sandy

Comment

Congrats on the win Ray ...

It's kind of like motorcycle trips I've made over the years. It's always the ones with terrible weather or mechanical problems etc. that you remember and make for a good story. Mike

Comment

• bird 60
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Mar 18 2009

Congratulations Ray, consider yourself lucky that you didn't get #2s coming your way & only a shower.

I take it there was no damage to your paint job ?.

Chris....From OZ.

Comment

• YellowRose
                              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Chris, no there appears to be no damage to the paint. It was not a total flood, but a light "misting" over the front of the car and the windshield. It happened out the outskirts of Austin, and as soon as I got there, and checked in, they had a hose, wash bucket, and scrub brushes set up. So I washed down the car really good.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎