X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Robot
    The Source
    • Jan 29 2007

Next Ford Mustang going global

Filed under: Convertible, Coupe, Performance, Europe, Japan, Ford, Australia, UK, Design/Style

It was only a matter of time before Ford pushed the Mustang out of the American nest and into the global market. According to PopularHotRodding.com and Auto-Motor-Und-Sport.de, that time has come. The German site quotes Barb Samardzich, head of development for Ford Europe, as saying the next-generation Mustang is being designed to meet European Union pedestrian safety regulations, despite the fact that no formal decision has been made on whether or not buyers in the EU will be able to get their hands on the Pony.

Then there's Popular Hot Rodding, which has gathered news from far and wide into a lengthy composite of what the future may bring for the Mustang. Tucked among sourceless whispers of a hybrid drivetrain, an independent rear suspension and a whole new design language is the indication that the performance coupe is being prepped for sale in the UK, Australia and even Japan.

That's good news for buyers who have been forced to content themselves with grey-market imports until now. Popular Hot Rodding also indicates the new model may shave as much as 300 pounds to increase performance while maintaining today's power levels. How much of this is true? We'll find out when the 2015 Ford Mustang debuts in 2014.Next Ford Mustang going global originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 12 Apr 2012 18:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
  • SandyBoy
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 31 2002

Something tells me that NOW is the right time to buy a 2012 Mustang GT Convertible, loaded.

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. This spells the end of the Mustang as we know it.

Remember the Probe? It was made in Flat Rock, MI, in a joint venture with Mazda, called Auto Alliance. Mazda was never happy with the deal and begged Ford to give them a truck to assemble.

It's no secret, the Japs want our production numbers and Ford sells more trucks than cars. Ford wasn't about to give up a truck.

Mustang sales have been feast or famine throughout their long run. When Dearborn Assembly was leveled to make room for the Dearborn Truck Plant, Ford moved the Mustang to Flat Rock (and the enthusiast clubs were fuming).

We have to thank the Mustang for cheap horsepower over many decades, and great crate engines. Here we are again, Mustang sales are down, the corporation can't wait for better profits, and the Mustang will be yet another foreign muscle car like the Italian Pantera. Expect the same fate, too. This is a very sad situation that all started when the Mustang left Dearborn. Soon, all of our rear wheel drive cars will be gone.
      - Dave
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Jimz Bird
        Experienced
        • Feb 3 2011

IF I were to spend a lot of money on a Mustang it would be a 65-66 K code HiPo 289. Rated at 271 HP but under rated I think.
        A friend of mine graduated HS a year before I did in 66 and went to work at the Lordstown PA GM plant. He used his GM money to buy a 65 2+2 HiPo. He would beat the snot out of it all week and drive to the strip on the weekends and turn mid 13s.
        1st and 2nd gear were just amazing. You really felt the Gs.

Jim
        Jimz Greenie with a White Hat and Brown Guts (ZE-XG)
        sigpic

CLICK HERE for Jimz web site

Comment

• SandyBoy
          Super-Experienced
          • Oct 31 2002

Mustang sales are down because the car is now very expensive!
          Economy is fair,at best. Loads of 20-something people will buy a BMW because the loaded 'Stang's $$$$ will buy a 3-series, that THAT they deem is
          * More ""Respeced
          * More UP-Scale
          * and some think is a better car.If you go to the FORD site, and then to Mustang and price out a loaded 'Stang.....you will FLIP !!!
          Last edited by SandyBoy; April 13, 2012, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• Jimz Bird
            Experienced
            • Feb 3 2011

They new ones are a bit pricey.

One of our sons just bought a RED 2+2 Mustang this week. Not new. A 2010 but still a cool Mustang.

I couldn't get him to spring for the "K" code.

It's a good feeling when your kids turn out right.
            Jim
            sigpic

Comment

• simplyconnected
              Administrator
              • May 26 2009

Originally posted by Jimz Bird
              ...It's a good feeling when your kids turn out right.
              Jim, I'm sure most of the way they turned out is due to their upbringing and both parent's coaching. Robin & I have seven kids. Our eldest (Shannon) earned her Ph.D and works for Ford Motor, but all of them turned out better than we expected.

My hat goes off to all young families starting out today. With the economy and jobs situation, success is out of reach and more households include multi-generations just like back in the Great Depression.

Here's Robin at one of her ethnic pot luck celebrations:

- Dave
              Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
              --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Jimz Bird
                Experienced
                • Feb 3 2011

Neat, you can really tell that that little girl is connected with Robin. That is a talent also

I know what you mean about the kids. We are fortunate also. Quite a breadth of diverse interests with ours also and quite a crew.
                Jim
                sigpic

Comment

• SandyBoy
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Oct 31 2002

Okay, me brag a wee bit, too. Well, it's not really bragging it is pride.

Karen & I have one "child". That "child" is age 28 and is a CPA working in NYC. He works 9-5 grabs a very quick bite to eat, on the run, and then goes to night school, where he is in Law School, to earn LLB after CPA. He is living in China Town, a section of NYC. He usually calls me 4 or 5 times a week....but I miss him. Sometimes he comes home on a Sunday.l

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎