Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SurfinBird63
    • Jun 29 2010

Fuses on a '63?

I have a '62 shop manual that says the fuse block is mounted on the left air duct on the drivers side, however, I'm not seeing it.

My dash lights aren't working; I've already replaced the bulbs and the headlight switch, now trying the fuses.

If someone could steer me in the right direction, it would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Ed
    1963 Ford Thunderbird 2-door Hardtop, Raven Black. 390
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Fuses on a '63?

Hi Ed,

I did some looking on the internet last night to try to find some definitive comments on the location of the '63 fuse holder. However, I was not able to find anything further than what the book says. Hopefully, one of the Bulletbird guys will come along and help you out.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Alan H. Tast, AIA
      Experienced
      • Jan 5 2008

The fuse panel for '63 is located on the right/passenger side kick panel. There is a removable cover that is over the panel.

If you have a '63 you will need both the '62 shop manual AND the '63 supplement!! There are a ******* lot of small changes that make the '63 much different than the '62, including wiring, front suspension, and a lot of other items. The fuse panel info is also in the '63 Owner's Manual. All are available in reproduction from T-bird parts vendors.
      Alan H. Tast AIA, LEED AP BD+C
      Technical Director/Past President, Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
      Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"

Comment

• SurfinBird63
        • Jun 29 2010

Originally posted by Alan H. Tast, AIA
        The fuse panel for '63 is located on the right/passenger side kick panel. There is a removable cover that is over the panel.

If you have a '63 you will need both the '62 shop manual AND the '63 supplement!! There are a ******* lot of small changes that make the '63 much different than the '62, including wiring, front suspension, and a lot of other items. The fuse panel info is also in the '63 Owner's Manual. All are available in reproduction from T-bird parts vendors.
        Thanks so much, I was able to find it.

I did know about needing the '63 supplement to make it a complete manual, just never got around to ordering it. Guess I'll have to get on the horn and order it from Mac's.

Thanks again!
        1963 Ford Thunderbird 2-door Hardtop, Raven Black. 390

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎