X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tbird1044
    Super-Experienced
    • Jul 31 2012

1/4 Window Internals

Thought this may help someone if they are trying to adjust the rear 1/4 windows without pulling out the entire mechanism. It may help to understand how some of the adjustments affect the window position.
    The first picture has the vertical guide in the proper installed position. In the second picture, I pulled the vertical guide out and turned it over to show how the nylon rollers follow the guide. This is what gives the window the forward movement when it is in the full up position. I did find it extremely important that the window rollers are in like new condition and are really tight on the regulator posts. I would strongly advise against using the nylon rollers sold on Ebay and also by some of our suppliers. Any looseness in the rollers will result in the window not repeating to a set position.
    Also included a few pics after final adjustments of both window assemblies. The convertibles are definitely more challenging. And yes, the vent windows will go in tomorrow. The glass coming out of China is cut wrong, so we ordered glass from Bob's and had them cut it per a sample we sent.
    Nyles
    Attached Files
  • Tbird1044
    Super-Experienced
    • Jul 31 2012

Where did this bracket come from?

Okay, just when I think I am getting a handle on quarter windows, either Ford or someone creative throws me a curve. I have done several quarter windows on different vehicles and until this one, I have never seen this bracket. Can anyone enlighten me? Dave?? It sure looks factory, but I have never seen it before. I even checked the Bulletbird site to see if I could find anything where it was added on later models.
    Nyles
    Attached Files

Comment

• Dakota Boy
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 30 2009

I think I'm getting hives just from looking at these old gadgets. I was hoping that I'd never see them again after I finally got them put back in my car!
      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• jopizz
        Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

It's called a front guide stabilizing bracket. The odd thing is that the parts book shows it used for '59 only. The '60 parts book doesn't show it at all.

John
        John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
        jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• Tbird1044
          Super-Experienced
          • Jul 31 2012

thanks John:
          Could be the 60 that this came off of was an early model car. After looking more closely, I did find it on one of the exploded views.
          And Greg, as long as you got a Squarebird, the quarter windows will always be there.
          Nyles

Comment

• Harry LePargneux
            Apprentice
            • Sep 30 2010

My car was built June 23, 1960 and has the 'extra' brackets you show. I never did find them on any diagram!
            Harry

Comment

• Restifier52
              Experienced
              • Jul 26 2011

Pretty sure my 60 has 'em too.
              1960 HT
              Thunderbird Registry #35780

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰