Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Alright, let's back up a bit... How many wires are on your Headlight switch 'B' terminal, and where do they go?

As John said, you should have three:
    One comes from your Starter Relay (battery post),
    One feeds the Key Switch 'B' terminal,
    One feeds the Cigar Lighter & Clock.
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• jopizz
      Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

The heavy yellow wire from the headlight switch should be on the battery post of the ignition switch. I believe the green wire with the fuse is for the brake light relay.

John
      John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
      jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• davidmij
        Super-Experienced
        • Jan 17 2011

Ah yes, very well.
        Anyways, it's all working fine now. The car starts and runs, the tach is working great, the generator light comes on as I start the car then goes out after running for a moment. The rest of the electrical seems to be working well too. I'm going to wait to work on the temp gauge as I need to get the rear end 3rd member out and back to the guy in Albuquerque that was kind enough to let me owe him the core.

Take a look at these pictures of the great wiring someone had done where the Y/B wire had fried and been replaced - yes, that is a solid conductor wire. It was a short piece spliced in where the few inches of Y/B had burned out. Someone actually TAPED it to a post lug and then attached it to the terminal on the switch! They didn't even solder it. I have no idea how it was even working.
        Attached Files

Comment

• simplyconnected
          Administrator
          • May 26 2009

Those are GREAT pictures. It really brings to light the fact that you never know what to expect. I don't know how many years that condition existed but the fix only takes ten minutes and two bucks.

Good job.
          Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
          --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎