Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Les Morris
    • Jul 25 2012

Help need vent window weather striping

Ok guys.. need some help here! Called one of the vendors and he says not available.. He also says no front or rear window weather stripping either.. Hit me up please!
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Who did you call? They are all commonly reproduced parts. Did you try Larry's or Thunderbird Headquarters since you are in CA. You can also try the Birds Nest. They should all have them. You can also try Carl Heller (partsetal). He usually has all the weatherstripping in stock.

John
    Last edited by jopizz; August 23, 2012, 11:46 PM.
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• Astrowing
      Experienced
      • Jul 22 2009

I used the weatherstripping from Dennis Carpenter for my '61 Ford F100. They have made the doors like new and I'm very happy with them. They also carry the Tbird weatherstripping which they make here in the US.
      sigpic

CLICK HERE for Jim's web site

Comment

• ncbird
        Experienced
        • Jan 5 2008

clarification

If you are talking about the rubber that goes around the glass itself and holds it into the frame you are correct it is unavailable. In redoing my vent windows I had new glass cut and the glass shop put them back in the frames using black silicone. They put enough in to get an even squeeze all around and they trimmed after it set up. Grant
        Grant
        NCbird on the Coast of NC
        "Dads Bird" for my father

Comment

• Dakota Boy
          Super-Experienced
          • Jun 30 2009

The stuff that holds the glass in the stainless frames is called glass-setting tape or something like that.

Auto glass shops will have all sorts of big rolls of it; in various thicknesses. I had a local shop owner set my new side glass in the frames. It only took him a few minutes, and he did it for free cuz he was just tickled to not be working on Camry's and Tauruses for a few minutes that day.
          http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎