1960 Tbird rear axle bearings.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1960 Tbird rear axle bearings.

Hello my fellow Tbirder's,

Hoping some out there might know the size of the rear axle bearings seals and retainers as I need new ones, she's got a bit of Grrrrrrrrrriding in the rear, if you know what I mean.
    Also need to know what the correct hight of the car should be as mine does sit quiet hight front and rear but level, we mesured 8.5" from ground to rocker panel.
    I also have new upper control arm bump stops but cannot put them in as there is not enough clearance the spring housing and upper control arm.
    So as I drive along, she seems to "top" out, and pulls the shock.

I can sauce parts here in Australia but we need to know the sizes of rear axle bearings seals and retainers, also the correct spring hight,
    It would be great to just get things right, also what would be a good hight to drop my car down to from standard hight, I was thinking 2" or so ?.
    Please drop me a email,
    choy.choy@hotmail.com

Take care guy'n dolls.

Frank.
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

This question comes up from time to time. Everyone measures from the ground to the wheel well openings. Click here:

There are other threads, if you click on the SEARCH menu and enter RIDE HEIGHT. Hope this helps, mate.
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Champion

Cheers matey your a champ.

Thanks.
      Frank.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢