No announcement yet.

Cracked my *&#@ windshield!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cracked my *&#@ windshield!

Anyone know where I can get a replacement windshield? I cracked mine today while trying to put it in. I tried Pat Wilsons but he has none. If I'm going to spend the dough, I might as well get a brand new one but I will go used if someone in the North East has one for sale that I can pick up. I am told of a company called L.O.F Company but I can't seem to find them anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. }>
  • mvonhobe
    Apprentice
    • Jul 11 2003

RE: Cracked my *&#@ windshield!

Bob's Bird House Inc.
    124 Watkin Ave.
    Chadds Ford, PA 19317
    610.358.3420 (voice)
    610.558.0729 (facsimile)

He had a Squarebird windshield shipped to me when I was in Colorado - fella driving the truck underestimated how much the crate (which was well put together) weighed and lost his grip on it and dropped it. The windshield had a really bendy section to it.
    It only took a month and a half to get the shipping company to agree to send me a check.
    x(
    New ones, so I'm told, are flat in the vertical plane whereas the "original" windshields had a slight outward curve top-to-bottom. They should both keep the bugs outta your teeth, though.

Matthew
    1959 Turquoise HT
    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Matthew 1959 Indian Turquise Hardtop
    Tbirdregistry RegistryNumber=13517
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdatasheet.aspx?RegistryNumber=13517

Comment

>Anyone know where I can get a replacement windshield? I
      >cracked mine today while trying to put it in. I tried Pat
      >Wilsons but he has none. If I'm going to spend the dough, I
      >might as well get a brand new one but I will go used if
      >someone in the North East has one for sale that I can pick
      >up. I am told of a company called L.O.F Company but I can't
      >seem to find them anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.
      >}>

Have ya found a windshield yet?

Silly question but are you looking for a '63 TBird windshield or a Squarebird one?

Comment

• Alexander
        Webmaster
        • Oct 30 2002

I have a clear windshield if you need it.

Alexander
        1959 Hardtop
        1960 Golde Top
        Alexander
        1959 Hard Top
        1960 Golde Top
        sigpic

Comment

I did find one. I got it from Carl Heller down in PA. Pretty good price. He has a pretty good gig going there with a bunch of parts cars and parts. I just bought a project 60 from him and I am going down next month to pick it up. It is supposed to have a solid underside but needs the usual repair panels, quarters and outer rockers. I wanted another project because I never documented or took any pictures of my current 60 so I want to build a journal or maybe a web site on this one and show some good detail on the sheet metal replacement. I plan on going custom (as I like them) with a 2 and a half inch roof chop, shaved door handles and trunk lock,shaved trim, and molded in cruiser skirts. I won't get to it for awhile because I still have to paint my current 60 and have it ready by next summer. My goal is to take it to the Ford Nationals next summer. My father lives about 6 miles from Carlisle so we like to go to some of the shows. He has a 60 and a 62. Alexander, thanks for the windshield offer. I may take you up on that if this other car needs one. I don't think that you are too far from me as I am in Massachusetts.
          Travlin, the 63tbirdrick was born when I bought my 63. I sold that one but kept the log in name. I probably should change it.

Rick

Comment

• Alexander
            Webmaster
            • Oct 30 2002

I am in New York City.

Alexander
            1959 Hardtop
            1960 Golde Top
            Alexander
            1959 Hard Top