This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:25 AM
Experienced

blue62tbird is on a distinguished road
Default 1962 Seat Belts

I don't think mine has them. To add them will there be predrilled holes for them or does one have to start from scratch?
1994 Miata
Old 03-15-2018, 07:05 PM
Experienced

Got my car today. Has seat belts in back but not the front. Clearly someone added them. Got to assume the mounting holes are there for the front.
1994 Miata
Old 03-22-2018, 03:14 PM
Experienced

GeoffInCarlsbad is on a distinguished road
Default Seat Belts

I had to add them to my '61 front & back. Just created my own holes for the bolts.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:51 PM
Experienced

I thought they were an option on the cars, meaning all of them would have bolts drilled for the ones that chose the option?
1994 Miata
Old 03-23-2018, 01:07 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default 1962 Seat Belts...

One website that I use a lot to check out specs and info on Tbirds is Automotive Mile Posts. It not only covers Thunderbirds, but many makes of classic cars. Here is what it has to say regarding seat belts in the Bulletbird... In the 1961 & 1962's Standard Equipment list is states they have Seat Belt Anchors... It does not mention having seat belts installed, just "anchors". It says nothing about those Seat Belt Anchors for the 1963, either as Standard or Optional Equipment. What is does NOT state is if those Seat Belt Anchors are for the front only or the front and the back... Hopefully, when jopizz gets back on, he can tell you more about this.

http://automotivemileposts.com/tbird...equipment.html

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 03-23-2018, 02:31 PM
Experienced

Default Seat Belts

When I raised the car up, there were no punchouts for seat belts, fore or aft. I also looked beneath the carpet. So I just measured some consistent spots to drill holes and I was on my way. When ordering belts, they came along with nuts, bolts and extra-wide washers.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:51 PM
Super-Experienced

Joe Johnston is on a distinguished road

I wonder when ordered new with seat belts if the belts were something the dealers installed as part of the prep process prior to sale? My 63 SR has front belts, but no rear, no holes in the rear floor area for them either.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:55 PM
Experienced

someone put belts in my back seats, will have to pull seats to see what they did. I really would like to have belts in the front though a lap belt won't keep my face out of the steering wheel that well. ha ha
1994 Miata
Old 03-29-2018, 12:14 PM
Experienced

Default 61 Seat Belts

My '61 did not have pre-drilled holes or punch outs. I just measured to approximate where they should be, and drilled out holes. Works just fine. Now these are simply lap-belts, not 3-point belts.

~g