Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dgs
    Super-Experienced
    • Feb 13 2003

Love that 'Bird and that T/A. I always loved the second generation F-bodies, but I'm partial to the Camaros. I had a rusted out '76 6 cylinder lime green Camaro in High School. Slower than molasses and not much to look at, but I didn't much care - I had a Camaro!

My dream Camaro is a '72 Z-28 RS with the 4 speed. Because of the Norwood strike that year, there were only about 1,800 Z-28's build in '72. I'm sure less that 1,000 were 4 speeds.

But I digress ... Nice toys.
    DGS (aka salguod)
    1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
    www.salguod.net

Comment

• tbird430
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 18 2007

HAHA! That garage is a sure-fire "BIRD nest" isn't it? LOL!! Nice cars, ALL 3 of them...
      sigpic
      The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• peeeot
        Experienced
        • Oct 23 2005

Gold Bird, I've just now spotted your car on here and I'm glad to see it! I have a '59 in "Sandstone Metallic," and when I saw your engine bay in another post I thought for sure you had the same paint as me. I have only found 1 Squarebird with paint that is even approximately correct for that color, based on what original paint remains on mine. Yours looks very similar.

Alexander, do you know if '59 code K and '60 code H are the same color merely renamed?

Comment

• Gold Bird
          Experienced
          • Nov 9 2007

That would be interesting to see if the two colors are the same. I really wish that when my Dad had the car painted they would have used the original Beachwood brown color. Maybe it was not available? The new color is a slightly lighter tone than what is in the engine compartment.
          sigpic1960 Gold Bird, original owner since new. tbirdregistry #3158

Comment

That is nice! My tbird has the same color inside. But the outside is gunmetal gray. I'd like to paint it black cherry but then...............it's not right.

Comment

• Alexander
              Webmaster
              • Oct 30 2002

They are similar, but definitely different colors and formulation codes.. On the paint chips I have Beechwood Brown is a darker color than the Sandstone metallic.

Both really don't look gold on the chips, more silver tone.

Originally posted by peeeot
              Gold Bird, I've just now spotted your car on here and I'm glad to see it! I have a '59 in "Sandstone Metallic," and when I saw your engine bay in another post I thought for sure you had the same paint as me. I have only found 1 Squarebird with paint that is even approximately correct for that color, based on what original paint remains on mine. Yours looks very similar.

Alexander, do you know if '59 code K and '60 code H are the same color merely renamed?
              Alexander
              1959 Hard Top
              1960 Golde Top
              sigpic

Comment

• Meridious
                Experienced
                • Nov 16 2007

Here is mine. This pic was taken not long before her delivery to me.

Comment

• Gold Bird
                  Experienced
                  • Nov 9 2007

Meridious, Sharp car, I think the 58 to 60 birds look very classy in white! Is your interior black and white?

Comment

• dgs
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Feb 13 2003

Interesting, two '60 'Birds in the same thread with passenger side mirrors. I understood that to be a rare occurance.

Also interesting to not that one has the 'hooded', square-ish mirror and the other has (I think) the adjust-o-ring.
                    DGS (aka salguod)
                    1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
                    www.salguod.net

Comment

• Alexander
                      Webmaster
                      • Oct 30 2002

Those round mirrors are after market. I think they are Yankee.
                      Alexander
                      1959 Hard Top
                      1960 Golde Top
                      sigpic

Comment

• Gold Bird
                        Experienced
                        • Nov 9 2007

The Gold bird only came with one mirror , a few years ago Dad added the passenger side. He liked the way it looked for balance and extra safety. I think its a cool look with twin mirrors!

Comment

• Meridious
                          Experienced
                          • Nov 16 2007

Originally posted by Gold Bird
                          Meridious, Sharp car, I think the 58 to 60 birds look very classy in white! Is your interior black and white?
                          Yes, white and black interior.

I didn't know that the circular mirrors are after-market. I have seen a TON of 60-birds for sale with them. I think I have kept a dozen or so pictures of birds I looked at purchasing...I believe they ALL had the circular mirrors.

Must have been fairly popular to grab those.

Comment

• Alexander
                            Webmaster
                            • Oct 30 2002

Those Yankee mirrors were very popular aftermarket mirrors. I had them on my 1959 when I bought it. I think they produced that style from 1950's to the 1980's. It looks similar to the Ford Adjust-O-Ring used in 1958-1959. The 1960's were mostly equipped with a Ford shrouded square head mirror.
                            Alexander
                            1959 Hard Top
                            1960 Golde Top
                            sigpic

Comment

• Meridious
                              Experienced
                              • Nov 16 2007

Ahhh.

I think I like the 'look' of the circular ones better...but they are not easy on the eyes when actually USING them.

Comment

• 77sunset
                                • Jan 9 2004

Gold Bird: as you say, the '60 sales brochure features a beachwood brown bird..the color your bird is now is similar to the "doctored" color of bird in the '60 owner's manual. I've always wondered what a real car would look like in this "doctored" color....you've answered my question: it looks GORGEOUS!..if I were you I would not entertain changing it back to the original color..it looks much nicer in gold.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎