X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JBird
    Experienced
    • May 22 2005

Ignition Switch Bezel

I have found there were two styles of switch bezels in 1959. I ordered from Larry's T-Bird and received the chrome with black letters but I need the black background with white letters. Here are photos of the 2 types.

http://59jbird.rhyner.com/photos/bezel.jpg (my dash)
    http://www.squarebirds.org/dashpad/images/MVC-908S.jpg (type 2?)

I need the white lettering on the black background for the ignition switch. I will trade parts or swap ???? ... or buy it outright if you have an extra with the mounting hardware.

I realize it's been 47 years but theye were loads of Squarebirds made. Why is it so tough to find used parts?

My 1959 Thunderbird shop manual arrived today along with a wiring diagram and owners manual. There does not appear to be any copyright on these reprints so I'd be willing to scan some and share with others in exchange for a vacuum schematic

I need a vacuum schematic to figure out where all the lines should go and what size. If you can help this newbie out I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks,

RE: Ignition Switch Bezel

The black background with white letters were on the 58.......light shines behind them at night and the letters light up. The 58 came with black backgrounds for the instrument panel (speedo,clock, temp,and fuel).

Comment

• JBird
      Experienced
      • May 22 2005

That makles sense. This car was made on Christmas Eve 1958 with the 24M in the data plate and probably used up remaining parts from the 1958 series T-Birds and later on in 1959/1960 they were switched to the chrome with black letters.

I really hope I can find an original one. I will search around for one from a 1958. My trouble is, most are listed for use in 58-60 T-Birds.

Thanks again,

Comment

I think they are being reproduced now........but I dont remember who had them........Ill check around.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎