This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Administrator

byersmtrco is on a distinguished road

Nice disclaimer !! Ha ha !!! Agreed, Mustangs are like Chevelle's (dime a dozen)

Don't kid yourself about a 64-66's "315 horsepower". Mine was pretty lathrgic. A 66 with a Q-Motor should run decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard D. Hord View Post
Hey Jack,
I agree with you about the Mustang. They are nice, but Ford flooded the market with them. Now you can buy them for a dime a dozen!
This is just my opinion and does not reflect the opinion of Squarebirds and or any of there members!
Richard D. Hord
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0920.jpg (379.0 KB, 79 views)
Poss 3rd Gen T/B owner
Old 12-24-2009, 10:49 PM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

Hey John,
Is the '65 Thunderbird a special edition?
Richard D. Hord
Registry #33436
Old 12-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Administrator

byersmtrco is on a distinguished road
Talking

Yup. 1 of 4500 made. Shouldn'ta sold it. Oh well.
Not enought room . . . Not enough $$$ (for it AND the 60 conv)

I would like another 65/6 though.
One of these days . . . I want a 59 too . . .
Poss 3rd Gen T/B owner
Old 12-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Experienced

jackbird60 is on a distinguished road

HEY GUYS! JUST FOUND A NICE CRYSTAL BLUE ONE WITH WHITE INTERIOR. HAS SOME ELECTRICAL GREMLINS BUT INTERIOR/EXTERIOR LOOKS GREAT. ALSO HAS A REBUILT 390 WITH new edlebrock manifold and MSD IGNITION. HAS A 4.11 REAR WITH POSI.

HERE IS A YOU TUBE OF THE CAR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apxui-TVGa4

hE WAS ASKING LOW 9'S BUT WITH THE ELECTRICALS I HAVE IT FOR $7,400 BUT NOT EXACTLY A DONE DEAL.

ANY THOUGHTS??? CONCERNS. TOO HIGH A PRICE??

THANKS - JACK
Old 12-27-2009, 02:42 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Squarebird Or 64-66 Bird

Hi Jack,

First of all, I moved your Thread here to the Flairbird Forum because it is mainly about '64-'66 Tbirds.

I looked at the video clip and that looks to be a very nice looking Flairbird, IMHO. Do you know what the electrical issues are? You should be able to trace them out, and fix them, or a good mechanic should be able to if you do not have the experience. It certainly looks good and sounds good. As for pricing, I think $7,500 for that Tbird is a good price if you can get it for that. The nice thing about the '66 is that you will also get the improvements to that series that were not in the '64 and '65. Lets see what the others have to say.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 12-27-2009, 10:58 AM
Experienced

Default Good Deal???

THE ELECTRICALS THAT DON'T WORK ARE: temp gauge, gas gauge, speedometer, blower fan, and
the horn. INTERIOR LOOKS EXCELLENT. EXTERIOR LOOKS VERY GOOD. NICE PAINT & COLOR COMBO. REBUILT ENGINE WITH ELDEBROCK INTAKE MANIFOLD AND MSD IGNITION, ETC. 4.10 REAR WITH POSI. HE WANTED MUCH MORE BUT WE AGREED UPON $7,400.00 NO A/C, BUT I DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT. ENGINE BAY LOOKS AMAZINGLY GOOD, AND CARS SOUNDS GOOD. MOST PICTURES ARE RECENT ESPECIALLY VIDEO, IT FROM 2 DAYS AGO. DOES IT LOOK LIKE A GOOD DEAL BASED UPON THE BELOW ITEMS AND ABOVE ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS??

PICTURES PER BELOW:

http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g147/sixtyspecial/thunderbird/

VIDEO BELOW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apxui-TVGa4
Old 12-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Apprentice

ParTaxer is on a distinguished road

Think about what 7400.00 buys you in the used car market. Engine sounds great- buy it. I paid 6700.00 for a '60 but it has rust issues and needs paint.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

Hey Jack,
Nice, very nice! I'm sure the electrical problems could not be that hard to trace (with little time) If you have to drive her make sure you take fire extingisher, not a bad ideal anyway with these old cars. If she is as nice as she looks
$7500.00 is not a bad price! Keep us informed!!!
Richard D. Hord
Registry #33436
Old 12-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Experienced

Hey Thanks Everyone! I Wanted To Fly Out To See It This Week But The Owners Is Going On Vacation. So It Will Have To Wait Until After New Years Day. As Mentioned I Owned A 60 Bird And Was Sorry I Sold It.

I Look At These Two Kinds Of Birds Squarebirds & Flarebirds At The Last Of The Classic 2 Seaters, Birds With (in My Opinion) The Best Body Design. No Offense To My 61-63 Tbird Brothers. I Jknow The Flairbirds Have Much More Weight, And Not That I Want To Race Them, But I Wanted A Little Punch Off The Line. With The Rebuilt Eng, New Manifold And 4.10, It Should Do It, Plus I Love The Color.

A Fire Extingisher Is A Must On Old Cars. I Checked With The Owner About Exhaust Leaks Etc, And He Says There Is None.

Let Me Know If There Is Other Stuff To Look For When I Test Drive This Car. I Am About 95% Sure I'll Buy It.

Jack
Old 12-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Squarebird Or 64-66 Bird

The reason the temp and gas gauges do not work might be as simple as the Constant Voltage Regulator (CVR) unit being shot. I am assuming, like our Squarebirds, that the Flairbirds have a CVR unit in them to step down the 12V to those two 6V gauges. If that CVR unit went bad, then it might have damaged those gauges. If it did, Bird Nest can rebuild them for you. It might be a simple matter of replacing the CVR unit with a new one. I would imagine you will have to take out the instrument panel to get to it. On the Squarebirds, it is behind the two gauges and can be accessed pretty readily. I hope it will be the same for the Flairbirds. If you have to take out the instrument panel, that will be a good time to check out what is wrong with the speedometer also.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm