No announcement yet.

60 stock height

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 stock height

Could someone please measure their 60 (or 58, 59) at the center of the fender well to the ground.(or any other simple referance point to compair with mine) Mine looks like it sits higher than it's supposed to and I cant find anything on the internet that gives these specs. Thanks for your help.
    Rick

RE: 60 stock height

I have this same problem with my WWII Willys Ford jeep. 1st the shop manual should be looked at as it was the measurement for the car when it was produced....with the recommended tire size(s)... next you must taken in your tire size and wear into account (yours rides high so wear may not be an issue) If you ask someone else to give you their hight you don't know if their tires are factory, you don't know how much their springs are worn and how long the shocks have been on and how many miles and what conditions that other owners' car has been through. Or if it was a swing 90 Ib girl or a family of 5 living out of the car. I don't have the manual here at the office. My local expert just told me.. does the car look level.. thus all springs are worn the same. Also in the new table top book at store I believe I read the factory clearence from the pan to the ground was 5 and 1/2 inchs. But this still doesn't account for you possible tire size/wear and remember some tires are meteric today.

Comment

• Alexander
      Webmaster
      • Oct 30 2002

RE: 60 stock height

The stock height of the car was only 52.48 inches with load.

Alexander
      1959 Hardtop
      1960 Golde Top
      Alexander
      1959 Hard Top
      1960 Golde Top
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢