• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pat64tbird
    Apprentice
    • Apr 3 2014

Replacing original horns.

Hello Members,

Does anyone have a better way of removing and replacing the original horns on my brothers 1964 Thunderbird?
    This sounds like an easy project but I have found nothing is easy on this car. The original (snail style) horns can not be removed from above or below. If the car did not have AC I might have been able to remove them from the bottom (no AC radiator).
    The only way I figured to remove them was to remove the grill. Unfortunately the guards are in the way. I tried to remove one of them. I was able to remove the bottom bolt but the middle bolt is just spinning around without it coming loose. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Patrick
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

If you can't get them out then just install two replacement horns in another location. Most new horns are much smaller than the originals so they are easier to hide.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• pat64tbird
      Apprentice
      • Apr 3 2014

Hey John,

I already bought and received two new (snail styled) horns. Someone mentioned to me about loosening the whole bumper so that I can remove the horns. I'm going to try that tomorrow because the bumper guards are not budging. Thanks.

Patrick

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎