Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coral
    Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

That is much easier to see Vern...maybe you can use the custom settings and get the imprinting a wee bit darker?

Mike, any kinko's, staples...etc will be able to help you out with getting a scan if you dont have one..

Comment

Build sheet scan ...

Susan scaned this for me.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Coral
        Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Outstanding!
        Thanks Susan!

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

My Interior Work On Rose Has Started

Yup, scanning might be better than taking a picture and then putting it on the Forum! That came out great! Thanks, Susan! Mike, if you still want to go through uploading pix, just give me a call. If you need that graphics editing software that I use, send me an email and let me know.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Coral
            Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

So Ray, what kind of head liner insulation are you going with?
            Ive fairly settled on using cork for my applications....
            That Mellohide is a good grade of marine vinyl - pretty texture and soft to boot!

I'll assume yer going with blazing yellow for the interior as well..

Comment

• GTE427
              Super-Experienced
              • Oct 9 2007

I'd recommend that copies be made --BW or color-- of the ROT sheets being removed from our cars, and place the copies back in the cars at a minimum.

Owners are disappointed whenever the ROT sheet cannot be found, lets at least put a copy back if not the original back in the cars. There are many reasons why the sheets may end up separated from the car once we remove them. I suggest this in the unlikely event that the sheet isn't passed on with the sale of your cars.

We all hope someone else will enjoy our cars after we have, lets not disappoint them with a missing ROT sheet.
              Ken
              1959 J Convertible
              1960 J Hardtop

Comment

• tbird430
                Super-Experienced
                • Jun 18 2007

I thought you wanted everyone to post those ROT sheets with a pic of the data plates, Ray?

I thought you were trying to correlate the date codes between the 2? Maybe I'm wrong as I have slept a few times since the "Last Squarebird" thread. LOL!!!

-Jon
                sigpic
                The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Coral
                  Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

well, yes it would be nice, but no arm twisting....we are still in search of understanding the MISC. boxes and their notations...

besides, its very kewl to see them, for someone that might never see their cars broadcast sheet

Comment

Hey Guys,
                    Why not get originals laminated?
                    Richard D. Hord

Comment

• Coral
                      Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

good idea Richard....

Comment

• YellowRose
                        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

My Interior Work On Rose Has Started

Lets see if I can answer several questions at once here.. First of all, the interior... I saw the insulation material he is going to use. It is gray, and not cork. I will let him use what he usually uses on these classic cars. He does a lot of them. Hummm, Blazing Yellow for the interior! Now that's a thought!

The idea that a copy of the ROT/Build/Broadcast sheet be placed back in the car after you find it is a very good idea. I intend to take the tag back to Rose and have them attach it back to the seat. I have copies of it. Making copies is a very good idea and laminating the original one is an excellent idea for posterity. In fact, it would be a great idea to laminate the copy and put it in the glove box! Easy to find there!

Yes, it would be a great idea to post the Build Sheet and the Data Plate together, so we can all see them, and see how they correspond to each other. I think I did say that at one time.

There! I think that catches me up!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                        Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Coral
                          Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

well, that was easy....

Comment

• Petrolhead
                            Experienced
                            • Jul 2 2007

Originally posted by Richard D. Hord
                            Hey Guys,
                            Why not get originals laminated?
                            Richard D. Hord
                            A good idea, but once it's laminated there's no turning back. Personally, I would do an extra copy of each and laminate those to keep in the glovebox, and put the unmoleseted original paper copies away in safe place.

I had some stuff laminated once thinking it would preserve the items, which it did, but I subsequently learned that they weren't as vaulable and collectable once laminated.

Comment

• Coral
                              Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Excellent point ...I've done research on it...social security, birth certs., FOID cards, and more are all no good once laminated -by means other than the issuing party.

perhaps vacuum seal bags?

Comment

• Petrolhead
                                Experienced
                                • Jul 2 2007

Originally posted by Coral
                                Excellent point ...I've done research on it...social security, birth certs., FOID cards, and more are all no good once laminated -by means other than the issuing party.

perhaps vacuum seal bags?
                                Yeah, good suggestion, I guess i'm borderline anal because I keep all my cool hot rodding magazines in A4 ziplock plastic bags. Keeps them nice and fresh, and damp-free.

My wife says I take more care of my magazines than I do her, and my reply was "and your point being...?"

She didn't take well to my offer of treating her with equal care by keeping her in an airtight plastic bag too.

Just kidding, I love her dearly, almost as much as the latest Rod & Custom magazine with the '52 Cadillac convertible custom on page 38, the one with the sensual lines that looks even better with it's top off, great chassis, big headlights, tuck 'n' roll... mmmmm... tuck 'n' roll.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎