X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steffan
    Apprentice
    • Jan 29 2007

Front Vent Windows

I Am Trying To Get A Good Fit On My Vent Windows At The Windshield Post. I Know The Manual Says To Loosen Several Bolts And Which Ones Are Supposed To Move The Window But It Does Not Say If You Turn The Screw In Or Out And What Direction It Will Move When You Do It. I Found It Very Difficult To Even See The Vent Window Move. Also It Seems That The Lower Screw Towards The Centre Of The Window Does Not Move, Should It? Maybe It Is Siezed Up. I Am Doing This Adjustment Because I Am Trying To Get Rid Of Wind Noise Coming In The Front Top Of The Vent Window.
    Any Suggestions?
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

All the allen screws should move freely. The allen screw at the dogleg will move the window toward the windshield post or away from it to adjust the gap. The ones inside the door will tilt the top of the window in and out to make it even with the windshield post.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• Tbird1044
      Super-Experienced
      • Jul 31 2012

There is one bolt that passes through the vent window assembly that will hold it in place while you make the adjustments on the 3 shouldered adjusting screws. The adjusting screws have a fixed shoulder in the center and is threaded on both ends. This allows you loosen the locking nut and use an allen wrench to turn the adjusting bolt. When you do this you can move the assembly in or out and also adjust it to the windshield pillar. I leave the through bolt a little loose, and also leave some movement in the adjusting bolts, so the assembly will move. Then you can manually move the vent assembly into the location you want. I then lightly tighten the through bolt so the assembly will still barely move. Now you can finish with the adjusting nuts to get final location. When you are happy with it, tighten the through bolt. NOTE: The top adjusting screw is behind a metal plug and I think it is under the top door weatherstrip. The bottom adjusting bolt is on the bottom of the window channel. In the picture you can sort of see how the adjusting bolt is threaded into the channel bracket and the shoulder will be against the door frame. That is how you can move the channel in and out by turning the bolt with the allen wrench and then tightening the locking nut.
      Nyles
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎