X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

What are the chances of this happening?

A gym workout buddy of mine, Andy, brought his magnificent 1968 Corvette to the local car show this weekend. He recently had completed bodywork and paint on the car. It has the aftermarket Mako Shark type nose that removes the hidden headlights and repositions the headlights behind the grill.

He sustained damage to his car in the most unusual way the day prior to the car show. He was driving along an avenue on a sunny day when he felt something hit his car. He looks in his mirror and sees a bird frantically flapping its wings on his fender. He stops, opens his door and the bird falls to the ground in convulsions.

My friend looks at his car and finds the following damage:

What are the chances of a bird jamming itself in the seam between the door and the fender at speed? I bet this is the first time this has ever happened.

Needless to say my friend made the bird pay for the damages.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic
  • tarps3
    Super-Experienced
    • Jul 21 2003

RE: What are the chances of this happening?

WOW.
    All I had to do this weekend was stay out from behind gravel trucks and away from the idiot drivers! Didn't even think about "bird sabotage".

That guy has my kind of luck...

How do you explain that to the insurance company?

Casey
    '60 hardtop
    Casey

Comment

• Thunderhans
      Apprentice
      • Aug 12 2004

RE: What are the chances of this happening?

I had something similar when I was young(er).
      When I drove in the forest on my bike I encountered a dog with a branch of a tree in it's mouth. Then when I passed the dog he (or se) turned the head an pushed the branch between the spokes of my front wheel!.......ouch

Hans
      1959 Hardtop
      430 ci
      Hans
      black 1959 hardtop
      430 ci

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎