X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

'60 430 w/Golde Top For Sale

There is a '60 Tbird 430 J Code with the GOLDE TOP roof for $11,000 in California. He says it is in Number 4 condition. Beige leather interior, factory AC. Here is what I know about it. Data plate and VIN decoding as follows: Serial Number 0Y71J132686 Body Code 63A, (Tudor Hardtop) Color HM (Beige Metallic w/white roof) Trim Code 84. (here is where it gets interesting. Trim Code 84 was the ONLY two toned leather interior authorized for the '60 Tbird. The dash, center console, and side panels are Dark Beige, while the leather seats are Light Beige. Birthday is 10B (Feb 10, 1960) Tranny Code 4 COM Axle Code 8 (2.91 to 1)

Contact Chris Dickson c_dickson78@yahoo.com for further information. Here are some pictures I have of it.
    Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • tbird430
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 18 2007

GOD I love those 430cid sunroofs!!!

I like the colors of this Bird too....
    sigpic
    The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Penelope
      Super-Experienced
      • Mar 4 2008

I have been looking at this car for about a week and have had dialogue with the owner. I would love another Bird, and a tu tone Golde Top would be a fantastic addition...but...it has a 430 engine and I fear (for what is to me), the unknown. I understand that 430's are getting pretty scarce and any problem I have, could be multiplied by distance (as I live in Australia). My mechanic loves Penelope's Y block as he remembers them well, but is totally unfamiliar with the 430, infact he can only ever recall seeing one!

That coupled with the fact that I wont be able to see the car before I buy, has led to me passing on what could have been a unique vehicle. I am coming over to California in a month and a half and if it is still for sale then, who knows. It may take a trip south, very south
      sigpicBill
      Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• Dan Leavens
        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Bill on your trip to California it may not be a bad idea to get Penelope a MATE

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Penelope
          Super-Experienced
          • Mar 4 2008

It may happen Dan, but our Aussie $ keeps going down against the greenback. I'm no Alan Greenspan, but I cant work out why either! Oh well, the price we pay for love...
          sigpicBill

Comment

• byersmtrco
            Super-Experienced
            • Sep 28 2004

Where in Calif is it? I can't swing it either right now, but it's always neat to "look".

Maybe he'd take my Harley in trade . . .

Comment

• Penelope
              Super-Experienced
              • Mar 4 2008

I cant find the listing at the moment John, but from memory in it is in LA, and not far away from the international airport either as the owner offered to pick me up if I flew over to look at it.
              sigpicBill

Comment

• YellowRose
                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

'60 430 w/Golde Top For Sale

I think Bill was right about him being in the LA area. You can email him at the address in the original post below..

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Rockin Kev
                  Experienced
                  • Oct 31 2002

Well life is just great, you buy a car then the unknow happens, i would have had another J code sunroof with air if i could have found one, never mind after bear metal repaint on my Bird and new interior and other goodies its looking even better, but still if the offer was right for my drop top i would container ship that j code over the pond for golde ownership number 3.

But with the exchange rate in the sellers favour and not mine its not good.
                  Shame
                  Kev.

Comment

Hey Kev,
                    EBay has a Golde edition up for sale. She looks like a pretty nice car. Only one problem he has pic's of two Data Plates. OOPS shes not a 430, 352 still nice car!
                    Last edited by Guest; February 28, 2009, 04:06 PM. Reason: added correction

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

To follow up on Richards post the 60 Factory Golde Sunroof on Ebay it is located in Parsippany, NJ. Exterior is RED ( just like George's ( Colonel ) black leather interior and it is a 352FE. For you guys and gals that are interested the "Golde Top" represented roughly 3% of the production numbers for 1960 and is considered rare. It looks like ( from the pixs / odometer ) ) that it has a rebuilt motor but may be a good buy for someone in the area that can go down see it and check it out
                      Thunderbird Registry
                      58HT #33317
                      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Rockin Kev
                        Experienced
                        • Oct 31 2002

Richard,
                        I have seen the red Golde, and yeah the id plate!, its not the first time this car been on ebay, however i do know of a recently restored Golde in Aquamarine and white with trim code 57 for $30,000.

But until someone gives me the price i want for my drop top then it can stay in the garage.

But if i am going back to Golde ownership it must be a 430, true the engine must be good as not all things interchange with the 60-63 big Lincolns, you think they would but they dont.

But like Aussie the exchange rate is terrible, HOWEVER! for once you guys get the better exhange rate.

Kev.

Comment

Hey Kev,
                          EBay has another listing for a 1960 Thunderbird Golde Top Edition. Might want to check her out!

Comment

• GTE427
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Oct 9 2007

I noticed the Gold/White Sunroof on ebay that this thread was started for, located in CA. Did anyone ever get a asking price on this car when it was originally posted for sale here, or get to look the car over?
                            Ken
                            1959 J Convertible
                            1960 J Hardtop

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎