X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Anders '61 Convert in Copenhagen!

Here is some information that Anders in Denmark provided me regarding his search for a '60 Squarebird Convertible, and some pix of his beautiful '61 Convertible.

"Thank you very much. I have browsed your site with great interest and also seen the link to Thunderbirds for sale as well. I actually wanted to buy the white with red/white interior that is on your list, but the car got sold locally before I got the contact to the dealer. The nice blue convertible is actually also sold, even though the car is still available on the internet.

I already have a 61 Thunderbird convertible, just slightly modified with discs all around and aluminum heads&intake etc. on the engine. Custom black leather interior, 17 inch wheels etc. Just a nice cruiser.

I really want a 1960 convertible as to me they are the best looking of them all. I would probably prefer a cream or white exterior, but blue, green/teal or gold would also be perfect. Interior wise a all white interior is a no go for me, and ideally the interior is a 2 tone color matching the exterior. The white mentioned above was perfect although I would always prefer leather over vinyl.

As you also mention, I really prefer a really nice and mechanically sound car. I fully agree with you on the cost and time involved with restoration so I am only interested in a car that has absolutely no rust, damage or major mechanical issues. In regard to pricing, it seems that good convertibles run in the 20 to 30 K.

In regard to options, power steering and power brakes is a must and power windows is very nice to have. Other than that, it is not that important.

Best regards
    Anders Nannerup
    Copenhagen"

Now, with that said, I provided Anders with a Craigs List listing of all the '60 Tbirds on it that are listed on Craigs List, and other places. So he has that to go through. If you know of a really good '60 Squarebird Convertible for sale, let him know by email or PM so he can check it out. He needs to find something that has been restored, will not require any or much work to it because of the difficulty of getting these old Birds worked on over there, and the high cost of importing parts for them. If you see any eBay listings, send him the links. Thanks, guys and gals! Here's your pix!
    Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Anders '61 Convert in Copenhagen!

Anders sent me a couple of more pictures of his pretty '61 Bulletbird convertible and additional information about it. First the information.

"I have registered my Tbird today. My Tbird has been slightly upgraded as you can see. My next Tbird I would prefer being fairly stock/original.

My 61 has custom made leather interior, 4 wheel disc brakes, 17 inch wheels, edelbrock alum heads/intake, MSD ignition etc. which makes it a really strong cruiser "
    Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Dakota Boy
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 30 2009

that is a very cool car....
      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• Copenhagen GT
        • Feb 28 2011

Thank you for your help.

My new car - a white 60 convertible with red/white interior will arrive in Copenhagen on april 22nd according to the shipping company.

Will post pictures

Anders

Comment

• Copenhagen GT
          • Feb 28 2011

As promised, pictures of my new 1960 convertible.

Anyone know nay history on this car. Odometer reading is 62700 miles, This is what I belive after looking the car over so far: interior seems to be original and still in very nice condition, not more than one repaint, all original apart from 17 inch wheels and aftermarket exhaust with a nice rumble.

I am very impressed how tight everything feels. Drives/rides very nice - as good as it gets - and everything works except clock.

Now the 61 will have to go as the garage is not big enough for all my toys

Have a nice weekend
          Anders

Comment

• Copenhagen GT
            • Feb 28 2011

Comment

Hey Anders,
              Very nice!
              Richard D. Hord

Comment

Working...
              😀