X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Yellow Rose Featured-Jim Wulf's Website

Recently, very well known Tbird Lover and Restorer, Jim Wulf, added pictures of my "Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird" on his fantastic website. You will find 16 pix of Rose in the More Birds section of his website. If you have a '61-'66 Tbird in particular, you should check out his website. It is chock full of good information you can use, and lots of pix of his Tbirds he has restored, and others. Here is the link to his Tbird Garage website. Check it out. Jim is a great source of information on these ole Tbirds of ours. Thanks, Jim!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Anders
    Super-Experienced
    • Jan 19 2008

GREAT pictures of Yellow Rose, Ray. She looks nothinībut stunning!! Love the aeroplane also. And thanks for the link. His web page is realy good.
    sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

Originally posted by Anders
      GREAT pictures of Yellow Rose, Ray. She looks nothinībut stunning!!...
      I'm with Anders. Your car is gorgeous, Ray.
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Dan Leavens
        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Ray great exposure of " Tweety Bird " on his site and the pixs really show the time and effort that was put into her. Watch out, pretty soon you will have a star on Hollywood Boulevard becoming so famous
        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Hey Ray,
          See, all that hard work and all them headaches paid off! AWESOME!
          Richard D. Hord

Comment

• lawyercalif
            Experienced
            • May 12 2011

Looks great Ray. There is a lot of creativity in that beautiful Bird.

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Yellow Rose Featured-Jim Wulf's Website

Thank you, Daniel. The paint scheme and interior work is all my design. Rather than have the standard Squarebird paint scheme, I decided I wanted to do the Corvette look, with that sweeping section on the forward fenders, coming down to the spear. I think it really sets it off. Then, I decided to put white tail feathers on her to further set her off. Then in painting the top I asked them to paint not only the top but the front and back areas at the windshield and back window, and down the sides to further set the roof off. I get many complements on her paint scheme. She has pearlescent paint in the yellow and the white paint.

When it came to the interior, I decided that I wanted to go yellow and white, with the center console painted white, from the windshield all the way through to the back seats. So when the dashpad was painted, they painted the center section of it white and set it off with chrome trimming on each side of it. Then we did something really neat with the door panels that really sets them off. From the front kick panels, through the door panels we put a white section in that goes through the door panels to the side panels of the back seat. When you look at them from the other side, you can see the white wing of the Thunderbird. You can see the effect to some extent with the doors open also. There are also white Thunderbirds embroidered into the backs of each seat and on the door panels, and a chromed Tbird on the package tray. There are also Tbirds on the aluminum pieces at the base of the C pillars inside.

To top it off, there are the long stemmed yellow roses on the left side of the drivers seat and the right side of the passenger seat so that when you open the doors you see them. There is also a long stemmed yellow rose in the center console. Underneath the radio is a courtesy map light that normally would be found on a Squarebird convertible. I can flip the switch and light up the rose at night. And the ashtray lights work! The trunk has that big Tbird design attached to the trunk lid and a long white mat encased in plastic, with a long stemmed yellow rose on it also. The aluminum door step pieces were also chromed and then covered with clear plastic stick on material to protect them. The black sections around the base of the seats were stripped and chromed instead. I think it really sets it off. The black seat belts were replaced with white ones encased in clear plastic to keep them clean. When I am driving her, or when she is being worked on, I have two piece black custom made slip over seat covers that go on the seat and seat backs for both front seats to protect them from getting dirty. I have black rubber Tbird floor mats that go over the white ones when I am driving her. The last pic shows the center console, minus the map light under the radio at that time. My steering wheel was re-done by Jed Zimmerman on the Forum here, who also provided my new seat foams.

Here are a few pix.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by YellowRose; December 8, 2011, 02:33 AM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
              The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
              Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
              Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
              https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎