X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SandyBoy
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 31 2002

Please read.

I am on 3 totally different boards, in addition to Square 'Birds.
    This past week I had a difficult time at the hospital. My meds made me dopiee and 4-getfull. Stomach Aches, no desire to eat, etc., etc.

When I got back on the 'Web, I was overwhelmed with questions, and more questions. If you wrote to me & I did not reply, or my reply didn't make much sence, that is why. My Dr. turned up the juice and it was too
    much, too soon. It was this past Monday. I am coming out of it.
    Please...do not think that I ignored anyone. I would not do that.
    I am (to those of you who do not know) fighting the illness that did in my mentor, Alexander. We had (have?) different cancers, and I am doing okay, but SOMETIMES the treatments are too much for me, & I get wooozy and out of it. That is,until the magic meds flow thru my body and then I come back to normal and can think clearly. This has been a very tough week and had made me weak.

Sanford.
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Sandy, no explanation is necessary. You stay strong and take care of yourself so we can enjoy our cars together. Every time you post I am anxious to read what you have to say. It's easy to see why Alexander was your friend because you are truly a great guy. - Dave Dare
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Please read.

Sandy and I share a good amount of conversation back and forth. I have a pretty good idea of what he is going through, having been through it with Faye when she was going through her chemo treatments. It can really get you down. Sandy, keep hanging in there! Now that you finally got your Tbird (although probably not as large a one as you would have liked!) you need to enjoy it! So take care of you first!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• scumdog
        Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Originally posted by simplyconnected
        Sandy, no explanation is necessary. You stay strong and take care of yourself so we can enjoy our cars together. Every time you post I am anxious to read what you have to say. It's easy to see why Alexander was your friend because you are truly a great guy. - Dave Dare
        What Dave said counts for me too - no need to explain!
        A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• SandyBoy
          Super-Experienced
          • Oct 31 2002

My God, Thanks 2 U all

See? today I feel 100% normal. I can think fast, I realize T-Birds were NOT sold by Buick dealers and I can find the 'Fridge, again !!
          I have to go to staples to buy a new computer CHAIR, and the one we had, that I liked, gave up after 8 years. They come all apart in a box.
          I have no real tools to assemble it & probably cannot do it, so i have to wait for our son to come home, tonight.

BTW - my personal #1 favorite T-Bird was the 1963 Sports Roadster with those REAL wire wheels. Recall ?? In Red OR Pink !! Rose they called it.

Comment

• Joe Johnston
            Super-Experienced
            • Dec 23 2008

Take care of yourself first!!!!

I'll try to post of picture of my 63SR in the Our Rides secton just for you, but it is Silver Mink instead of red. Sorry.

Comment

Hey Sandy,
              Take care of yourself! I will be praying for ya! God bless!!!
              Richard D. Hord

Comment

• SandyBoy
                Super-Experienced
                • Oct 31 2002

Thanks to all. I think.... 1 or 2 people from here sent me an e-mail and if so, I was not able to read it nor reply. If this is true, you can send it to me today. I am 95% fine. Drove to Staples with my wife & we bought a nice all leather, deeply padded computer chair. It's here, but too hard for me to carry up, so it's in the garage -- awaiting our son to come home from work and schlep it upstairs.

I can't believe that Joe has a Sports Roadster. My favorite bird!
                ****, they are a show stopper. A guy I see at car shows in Northern New Jersey has a bright red one, with the genuine wires andthe hard tonneau boot cover. Wide Whitewalls. The steering wheel movesto the
                right to let you in. It's got white interior & white convertible top.

I am taking this drug that makes the cancer cells unable to "consume" (my) BLOOD. By so dong, in theory , they will die-off. I have 7 cancer cells in my Liver. I was STAGE 4. There is no STAGE 5 ! I was THAT close. I go every other Monday & return on Wednesday, to be disconnected from my at home Pump. I am A-OK during the infusion, at the hospital and I am okay the next day at home, wearing the small, light pump. On Wednesday I return to be disconected & I am fine then too.
                Thursday, the day after the at-home was removed, I am very good too,
                but the siht hits the fan on FRIDAY ! However odd, this time, it happened on Thursday. Today, as you can see, I feel good.
                Maybe I will be okay, tomorrow too.
                I have 4 show cars & I hope to get each out at least once to a show.
                I prefer April-May over June-July-August as heat / humidity magnifies the discomfort of the chemo.
                Regarding the Chemo..I am now on my 3rd year of this stuff. Feb/ 2011 began my 3th year. It don't get no easier, you just deal with it.
                Sadly, Alexander's was very different than mine and his was very aggressive in nature.
                I spoke to him, via phone, as he lay in the NYC hospital - his next-to-last day. To those of you who never knew him, nor spoke via phone with him...he was a terrific guy, dedcated to his profession (he was a doctor!).
                He was a doctor and was recently married. He had time for everybody and was a very sincere person.
                He & I had many common grounds, in our love of family, cars and other people. He a doctor & I a car salesman. Perhaps 2 ends of the earth - but we saw eye-to-eye on probably 95% of everything. I miss him.
                Last edited by SandyBoy; March 4, 2011, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• Yellowbird
                  Experienced

• Jun 18 2009

Hi Sandy,
                  I agree with the others take care of yourself first. It sounds like you are one heck of a fighter. Our prayers are with you

Leonard
                  sigpic

Comment

• scumdog
                    Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Sandy, your troubles really put my skinned knuckles and bad knees into perspective, hang in there mate!
                    A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• DKheld
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Aug 27 2008

Doctors say they "practice" medicine - maybe one day they will get it right after all that practicing.

Hopefully you are now pedal to the metal on recovery road.

Eric
                      registry 5347

Comment

Sandy ...

I went through the cancer thing 8 yrs ago and made a full recovery. Hoping the same for you. One day at a time and know we are all sending you are thoughts and prayers. Mike

Comment

• bird 60
                          Super-Experienced
                          • Mar 18 2009

My prayers to you Sandy for a full recovery.

Chris....From OZ.

Comment

• SandyBoy
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Oct 31 2002

Thanks to all you great guys.

I ask few questions, of my Dr. That is because I do not want to know.
                            I know just the basics. the more I know - the more I worry.

Mike, I'd like to know what type you had and what stage.

You may use my e-mail if you'd like

It is: cigarsandy@comcast.net
                            Mine is in my liver.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎