Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

That's great news, Jed. Everyone here have been cheering for you and your progress. We're also glad you (or your sister) didn't sell your Squarebird. With God, all things are possible. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Jed good stuff and good luck with the garage addition. Take it slow
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Answered Prayers

Answered Prayers

Dear Tbird Friends,

Monday 11-2, after 7 months of chemo treatment for incurable 4th degree metastatic pancreatic cancer, I had my 3rd CT Scan. I was diagnosed on 3-25 and started chemo in April. My first scan on 5-26 showed a 66% reduction in my cancer. My second scan on 7-28 showed no cancer, tumors or growths. My 3rd scan 11-2 showed no evidence of any cancer. Your prayers, God’s Grace and the miracles of modern medicine made it possible that I can enjoy life this fine day. I thank the Lord and sing his praise.

You might envision me receiving the phone call from the hospital about my scan results while I was driving home Tuesday afternoon. Not being able to pull over, I listened to the nurse read the scan report results to me as I loudly exclaimed “YES” several times and banged my hand on the steering wheel. Soon after that wonderful call I was able to pull off Hwy 12 onto a county road, stop on the shoulder, and give thanks to the Lord for my life. I had to tell somebody quick about this news! I called and left a voice mail for Dawn. I then called my mother and spoke with her. A few minutes later Dawn called me back. The rest of the way driving home I was able to talk with my dog, Jazmine, who was riding shotgun with me. I think she understood.

On 11-16 I will have plastic surgery to patch up the open wound on my leg that has not healed because of the last 7 months of chemo. The wound has been slowly healing and getting smaller. I have been rid of the wound vacuum for about a month now. The surgeon tells me that I should heal up quickly after he’s done patching me.

On 11-19 I have an appt with my oncologist to discuss my future with my incurable cancer. I have a port surgically implanted in my right shoulder that will have to be flushed every 6 weeks. It has been suggested to me by several of the nurses that I will be put on some type of cancer monitoring program and maybe a chemo maintenance treatment on a monthly basis.

Over the last 2 months I have had my busiest fall boat winterization season ever. I have winterized 37 boats and now will start shrinkwrapping about the same number of boats. During the month of September I built a new 22x22 garage addition to my existing garage behind my home. On October 31st I was able to vacate the two storage garages I have been renting for some 10 or more years. Finally I have all my stuff under my own roof including my 1958 Thunderbird and the 1948 Dodge Panel Van. So between the boat business, building my garage, moving my storage and my last cycle of chemo in October, I’ve been super busy.

It is with great happiness, optimism and a heightened feeling of humility that I can now go forward with my life. Thank you all so much for your prayers and support during these trying times. The summer of 2015 will be one to remember.

With Great Faith,
        Jed

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Mission from God

Jed, what a wonderful post! I am so thrilled to hear this great news! Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful news. During all this you have also accomplished so much work also while going through all that you have. I hope you get the things you want to accomplish inside the new garage done this winter. God Bless!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• simplyconnected
            Administrator
            • May 26 2009

Originally posted by Ca58tbird
            ...incurable 4th degree metastatic pancreatic cancer...
            That's what my Mom died of as a result of taking diabetic Metformin. She was 99. Doctor said, 'You know those statistics that say five percent may die from this drug? The statistics don't lie, and your mother was one of the unfortunate ones.' She had a good long run.

Jed, I also thank God for answering our prayers and baffling the doctors. You're a young man and He's not quite done with you. Tell the world the Good News and enjoy each day. Give Jasmine a big hug, too. - Dave
            Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
            --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Dan Leavens
              Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Jed as has been stated that is wonderful news and thanks for sharing this with our squarebird.org family.
              Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
              Thunderbird Registry
              58HT #33317
              60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Dutchbird
                Experienced

• Dec 20 2005

Great news Jed, straight ahead!!!
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...