X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trim code 76
    Experienced
    • Aug 3 2006

"Cool Seat Covers" Factory option

Has anyone ever heard of these ("Cool Seat Covers")? I just won a set on ebay and they came in the factory box! Never in a car before. They are specifically made for the 60 bird and these have a white boarder and a black main body that is of interesting material, about 1/2" thick and with a somewhat tight shallow undulating surface. It has some silver tinsel woven in> It goes absolutely perfect in my trim code 76 interior. I was told this was an extremely rare factory accessory. It has a tag with the part number on it. I will go out to the garage later and enter it. It has a elastic band that goes around the back of the seat to hold it in place. WHAT A FIND! Please give me any feedback you have on this. If someone will tell me how I will try and download pics of it. Have a good one!
  • trim code 76
    Experienced
    • Aug 3 2006

OK, part number is: COSB-19B501-B01. At close examination of the surface it was a fine crossing gridwork of a stiff pliable thin cord or "wire" in black with silver tinsel woven in. The pattern is pretty tight maybe 1/16" cross hatching. Crazy! Ah the good old 60's, brings back lapses in memory!!LOL

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi trim code 76. Thanks for posting the Ford part number. One of the guys should be able to tell you more about that. Members who are not paid members often use free websites, like photobucket.com to create their own account and post their pictures. Then you can post the link to your pictures here. I am sure a lot of the guys would love to see what these things look like. Is there a website we can look that part number up in?
      Last edited by YellowRose; January 16, 2009, 02:24 AM. Reason: Additional comments

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• trim code 76
        Experienced
        • Aug 3 2006

So, what are the specifics about being a payed member?

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

A $20 paid membership, either once yearly or recurring annual Squarebirds membership donation gains you the right to post pictures directly on a forum, your own webpage on the Forum and your own Squarebirds email address. See the information at the top of this Forum Membership Benefits And Webspace Information for full details. Should you care to become a paid member you can do so by clicking on the Donate to Site button on the top right of the page and follow through with those instructions. You will have to have a PayPal account set up though for payment.
          Last edited by YellowRose; January 15, 2009, 11:05 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎