No announcement yet.

Blitz Black

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blitz Black

Has anyone ever heard of using John Deere, Blitz Black paint on under carriage parts? (i.e. suspenion, steering, drive shaft, backing plates,etc.etc..) All the parts are currently epoxied and primered. (DP 1791 and 1792 along with DP90). Is their a "better" or more exact color black I should use?

My friends say that I'm "obcessive compulsive" but I really just want to do the job right.

Shorebird

RE: Blitz Black

being obsessive-compusive is OK but my wife would probably tell you differently.....

Comment

Thanks...I've also learned that "obcessive compulsive" also translates into everything being "very expensive"

Comment

• Alexander
        Webmaster
        • Oct 30 2002

I am not famiiar with the John Deere Blitz Black paint. I have used Eastwoood's underhood black for the the black parts under the hood and chassis black for things such as the A-arms of the suspension. http://www.eastwoodco.com/

Alexander
        1959 Hardtop
        1960 Golde Top
        Alexander
        1959 Hard Top
        1960 Golde Top
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks again!

Comment

Do, but don't buy it from a JD dealer! Go to Tractor Supply and get a gallon of it for about a third the price. It has great UV protection, it'll stick to anything, including dirt, and it looks nice. It looks so nice in fact, that a buddy of mine painted his '34 roadster with it as a finish coat after I turned him onto it, and another friend whos a pro builder now uses implement enamel on all his chassis.

Brian

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎