landau bars removal ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

landau bars removal ?

Hello there,
    My 63 Landau has corroded medallions in the landau bars. Is it possilbe to remove the landau bars without removing the entire headliner ? I assume the landau bars are held on with thru bolts as I cannot see any fastener access on the outside of the Landau bars.
    Looking inside I see the headliner covers the area where the thru bolts would be.
    Any suggestions on how to remove and replace Landau bars for repair would be appreciated.
    Andy
    "the Batmobile" -- Black on Black with black seats, 63 landau
  • Petrolhead
    Experienced
    • Jul 2 2007

Hi

If it's anything like the badge on the C-pillar of my '62 you do have to remove the headliner. Good news is that it's not that hard. The entire headlining doesn't have to come out,just the lining over the pillar area which is only held in place by staples under the chrome trim. Unscrew the trim, carefully unpick the staples, fold the lining back on itself and you can access the nuts. This area wasn't well rust proofed by the factory, so while you;re in there spray some rust preventative around, being careful not to get any on the headliner as it'll stain it. Good luck.

Comment

landau bars and headliner

my headliner is already stained with rust and now I know why...thanks for the tip anyway.

Andy

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎