X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • protourbird
    Experienced
    • Apr 29 2008

Originally posted by tbird-kid
    Haha,.... Yeah, it's a big joke really, here's some more....
    In South Australia, any car pre-1965 doesn't need seat belts of any kind.. but if they're fitted with them they must be used.
    On my '64 Tbird, I wanted to put seat belts in there because my kids were young and I do A LOT of cruising... I rang DMV and asked what the requirments were to install the belts... he asked what year the car was, after telling him, he said .... Quote... "We don't care WHAT you put in there because it's not law to have them in your car anyway!!!!"
    haha, what a joke, you see.... according to them(DMV) you only need belts in post-'65 cars... because they're the ones that kill??.....

We're not allowed to put safe... easy.... Disc brakes on our cars if they weren't standard..... oh yeah.. makes driving with drum brakes in modern traffic with little buzz-boxes and rice-burners just a treat!!

I'm involved with a lot a car activity in Adelaide.... there is not one... NOT EVEN ONE person of the THOUSANDS I know that agree with our DMVs laws for Left-Hand-Drive.....

A friends Porsche was not passed because he had an after-market radio in the dash..
    Metallic paint is not allowed if it wasn't standard in that year of car.....
    another had to pay several thousands to rebuild his rear parcel shelf, needed to be complete with engineers reports because it was cut up to house speakers....
    Another was knocked back because he had Australian GM Wheels on his car .... you couldn't see them ANYWAY because he had full hubcaps!!

There's a lot more.... but I don't want to bore you.... HAHA

Tbird-Kid
    An we complain about our bureaucrats. There must be an international qualification for them.
    sigpic
    Jim

protourbird

Comment

Hey Guys,
      God bless America!!!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎