Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Howard Prout
    Experienced
    • Feb 11 2009

I think the situation just got considerably simpler. I finally realized there is a switch beside the map light (in place of a dome light because it is a convertible) that can be used to turn the light on anytime or have it light only when one or both doors are open. So I should be able to tap into the side that has power all the time and connect the glove box light lead to it. The result is that the glove box light will come on anytime the glove box door is open - which is fine by me.
    Last edited by Howard Prout; April 23, 2009, 03:58 PM. Reason: revision
    sigpic "Old Betsy" - my '59 convertible J9YJ116209 Thunderbird Registry #33341

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Howard Elementary my dear Watson
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Coral
        Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Coral has one....installed/wired/switch is upper left hand side.....Howard...the switch is a regular spring loaded deal, closed /off open /on....haven't tried anything else...

bracket

lamp/etc
        Last edited by Coral; April 27, 2009, 07:14 PM. Reason: Forgot a note to Howard

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Glove Box Light

Hey, Cathie! You lucky Gal! I wish Rose had one, but she does not. I am looking for one to put in her, but have not found one yet. I did get the trunk light and assembly though! I need to find out if my ashtray light is there, but I think it was ripped out by the previous owner when he ran his big cable through that area to the trunk and his big amplifier he had in the spare tire well.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Coral
            Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

amplifier....

Oh gads...did he go in smart or just go IN?
            Ya know those sound fellas can get carried away sometimes, lol

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎