X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ncbird
    Experienced
    • Jan 5 2008

Platers

Ray I hope it all works out for you. I have been dealing with platers since building my first street rod in 1971..that ought to date me. I used a small one in Denver where I lived that you had to go down each week and prod them. Then I had a great one in Harrisburg PA that got bought out. All my chrome 34 pieces is now at a plater in Fayetteville NC. They have had it about 5 weeks and I dont expect it back for another three. They have all the bumpers bumperettes, dash and windshield trim and are doing a "show plating" on them. Because of what you mentioned the cost of what I am having done is through the roof. Someone on here mentiioned that a full chroming was expensive and it is only going to get worse.
    By the way I love the wheel covers on your bird they are exactly like the ones I had on my 54 Olds convert when I was a kid...swapped them out for baby moons and beauty rings...
    Grant
    Grant
    NCbird on the Coast of NC
    "Dads Bird" for my father

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Got My Chrome Back!

I got everything back from the chromers except for that piece at the top of the windshield. They shipped it as overnight and they said it should be in about 10am. If I get that piece, I can hang it, put the mirror and sun visors back on. I have a spare if I need to use it. The only other pieces of the engine and external dress up kits that I lack having on are the Thunderbird valve covers, and the curved rear extensions. I hope to get them on later today before we leave.

You can see what the Old Gal looks like all duded up now, with the dress up kit, for the most part, installed. Go here:

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• fomoco59
        Super-Experienced
        • Jun 10 2005

Lookin' Good, Ray !!!
        sigpic
        Mike Lemmon
        '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• tarps3
          Super-Experienced
          • Jul 21 2003

Dang Ray!

Slow down! Your gonna work yourself out of a job there! ha!
          The car looks great.
          I really love that color combo!
          Casey

Comment

• ncbird
            Experienced
            • Jan 5 2008

Inspiration

Ray, the car looks great and I do love that 59 Grill....keep sending pics it is food for the soul....
            Grant
            NCbird on the Coast of NC
            "Dads Bird" for my father

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎