X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gold Bird
    Experienced
    • Nov 9 2007

One more car!

Thought you guys might like to see my other Ford. Its not a Bird like the other three but it sure does fly! Its a 1936 Five window coupe with rumbleseat. The motor is a 46 Flathead with twin carburetors and Edlebrock aluminum heads. Needless to say its a blast to drive and the sound is awesome! My father bought it back in 1975 and over the years we have restored it. When I can remember to do it I will take a picture of the engine for the group. I guess you could say I love cars, and I can thank my Dad for two of them!
    Attached Files
    sigpic1960 Gold Bird, original owner since new. tbirdregistry #3158
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

Wow, that is gorgeous! Your father loves gold cars.
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

• SandyBoy
      Super-Experienced
      • Oct 31 2002

Beautiful car & beautiful garage.

Comment

Nice lookin I love the color and I see you have a few trophys in the back round

Comment

• Gold Bird
          Experienced
          • Nov 9 2007

Thank you to all for the nice words, the old Ford is a very special car to me. My garage is like my home away from home. Its a 30 by 40 block building thats insulated and heated. I can go out and work on the cars and nobody gets in my way!

Comment

• Meridious
            Experienced
            • Nov 16 2007

Awesome car. I helped restore a 38 ford and am amazed at how much that 36 reminds me of it. The original color of that 38 looked like your color...but we changed it to white.

Comment

• Gold Bird
              Experienced
              • Nov 9 2007

When my Dad bought the car it was black, he always liked the cordoba tan color so thats the way its been for over 30 years! I have resisted changing to a more modern color as it really is unusual and gets lots of attention! Also gets noticed when I fire up the Flathead motor too!

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Goldbird that is an awsome looking 36. I have a buddy here in Calgary that has a 34 roadster similar in colour, that we go to the local show & shines with. He is just repairing the rear end and wheel assemblies, as he got popped by a drunk driver a couple of months ago. He clipped him on the back end and spun him around but he is okay. If you go onto Jay Leno's garage site, a picture of the 34 should still be there.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Calgary
                Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                Thunderbird Registry
                58HT #33317
                60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Petrolhead
                  Experienced
                  • Jul 2 2007

Awesome five-window.
                  I had a '36 sedan that I sold to get my '62 Thunderbird project, that was six months ago and I've still got sellers' remorse. Should've kept it, but the bank (my wife) didn't think it was such a good idea (:
                  Here's a photo:

Comment

• Gold Bird
                    Experienced
                    • Nov 9 2007

Dano, Thanks for the comments about the Ford, its a blast to drive and the Flathead sound is wild! See attached picture for a close up.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• bcomo
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Sep 23 2005

Beautiful engine.

What camera are you using -- I'm looking for a new one for Christmass and making a list.

Thanks
                      Bart
                      1960 Hard Top/430
                      Thunderbird Registry Number 1231

Comment

• byersmtrco
                        Super-Experienced
                        • Sep 28 2004

Oh that's very cool !!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Gold Bird
                          Experienced
                          • Nov 9 2007

Bart, My camera is a Sony, got it from ABC warehouse, Its called a Cyber Shot DSC55. Works great and you can change the image quality for larger prints. I normally don't even use the higher setting, 7mg, the engine image i took at 3mg.

Comment

What are these rollers ?

And where can I find 'em?
                            Look @ the first image of Gold Birds 36
                            Whats the car sitting on? I could use a set of these.

Originally posted by Gold Bird
                            Thought you guys might like to see my other Ford. Its not a Bird like the other three but it sure does fly! Its a 1936 Five window coupe with rumbleseat. The motor is a 46 Flathead with twin carburetors and Edlebrock aluminum heads. Needless to say its a blast to drive and the sound is awesome! My father bought it back in 1975 and over the years we have restored it. When I can remember to do it I will take a picture of the engine for the group. I guess you could say I love cars, and I can thank my Dad for two of them!
                            Last edited by Guest; May 13, 2008, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• Gold Bird
                              Experienced
                              • Nov 9 2007

Hey John, I got the rollers a few years ago through a Corvette parts dealer, Many places sell them though. Work great, just jack up the car and lower in place, then you just push the car around. If your floor has some cracks it gets tough to move but not impossible. They are great to use on a car that does not have power steering and is hard to park in a tight area!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎