X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DKheld
    Super-Experienced
    • Aug 27 2008

Clock

Jimmy - thanks for the compliments on the clock. I actually have my original clock in my car and liked it so much that I bought one to make a desk clock. Used a 12v wall transformer (ran through a fuse - just in case) and it works fine after repairing cleaning. Working on a circuit now to turn on 2 led's inside the clock at night for lighting - the original incandescents get a little hot on that wood frame. For a garage clock I am working on mounting one to an original hubcap.
    Hey you never know - Chip Foose might see the progress and want you to be on the show!!!! It is amazing how much they get done in a week.

Keep us posted
    Eric

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=5347

Comment

• Framer_guru
      Apprentice
      • Aug 1 2008

Cool

Hey Sarge,
      Just wanted to thank you for the link to Jeb for the seat foams. I had read a thread a while back on someone had talked about him but I forgot where I saw it. THANKS!

Eric,
      The LED's in your clock is a great idea! Especially in the wooden frame. Nice thinking about the in-line fuse, I would have forgotten about that if I were doing it. I think a hubcap clock would be extemely cool! Oh, and if Chip Foose reads these, he can contact me anytime he wants! Pretty sure he could teach me more about body work. AND I could have him draw up one of his pictures of my Bird.
      Jimmy
      1960 HT in work

Comment

• Anders
        Super-Experienced
        • Jan 19 2008

Original Squarebirds org wall clock

If you want a clock for your garage, this is what you need:
        http://www.cafepress.com/sportsterror.45217176
        I got one
        Have one extra clock for the interior, since I bought a "instrument dash" as my speedometer was broken. Might be nice for my desk
        Edit: Didnīt work.... I put + on the screw in the back and - on the house itself with a 12 V power supply. Nothing happend. Did I do it right?
        Last edited by Anders; September 9, 2008, 02:48 PM.
        sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
        http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• DKheld
          Super-Experienced
          • Aug 27 2008

Clock info

Anders,
          I added some pics of the "clockworks" to that desk clock album. You connected it correctly and often all that is needed is a thump to release the points inside the clock to get it going (yes - points just like in the distributor). Those points seem to stick from time to time. If they are stuck it usually means that it is a good time to take the clock apart for a cleaning and a little light oil. I always clean between the points while I have it apart with a special tool (burnishing tool) but I guess very light sandpaper like emory cloth would work. The other thing I have noticed is that the ground tabs between the back case and the clockwork gets corroded and does not make good contact. Again you have to take the clock apart to clean the contacts though. Hope the pics help. Let me know if I can describe them better.

Jimmy,
          Sorry about putting this in your post - hope you don't mind - thought you might need the clock info too.

Eric

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=5347

Comment

• Framer_guru
            Apprentice
            • Aug 1 2008

No problem whatsoever. It's not my post anyway, it's a place where I go to get information. And you're sharing it, so good on you! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Feel free, amigo. You're helping me out, too!
            Jimmy
            1960 HT in work

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎