X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GTE427
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 9 2007

Originally posted by GTE427
    After some quick research using the VTCI website and Legendary Ford Mag. DSO is District Sales Office. Also known as District Code, Domestic Special order, Foreign Special Order and Special Order.

Seems to have first appeared in 1967 as a regular line on the data plate.
    After more research, I've found the DSO appeared as a standard field on the Data Plate starting with the 1962 model year, not 67 as stated earlier, surprised the bullet and flairbird guys didn't call me on this. Thanks go to Alan for his input and Mike for posting Johns response. Hopefully this new information will be documented in other publications as well.
    Ken
    1959 J Convertible
    1960 J Hardtop

Comment

• Alan H. Tast, AIA
      Experienced
      • Jan 5 2008

'59 DSO Convertible

After looking at the other auction photos, I saw the car did have black carpet and dash, white console and '59-style rear interior quarter panels. I couldn't tell if the upholstery was leather or vinyl. Oh, if only I could afford a '59 convertible for the stable...
      Alan H. Tast AIA, LEED AP BD+C
      Technical Director/Past President, Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
      Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"

Comment

• GTE427
        Super-Experienced
        • Oct 9 2007

Mike, this car is back on ebay, this time with an acknowledgement and link to lovesfords.org. Wonder if John contacted the seller for information on this car that will be in Code Cracker or on his the website. I'm interested to see what additional information John has may have found.
        Ken
        1959 J Convertible
        1960 J Hardtop

Comment

• fomoco59
          Super-Experienced
          • Jun 10 2005

Don't know if John contacted him. The seller may have used Lovefords site to decode the data plate, etc.

I see it lists power door locks, which weren't an option. It is a decent looking car, and could be had for under 20k...but would need to be black again ! It's about 300 miles from me... good thing. I'm going thru withdrawals.
          sigpic
          Mike Lemmon
          '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• GTE427
            Super-Experienced
            • Oct 9 2007

Actually, I remember seeing door locks and trunk release installation instructions in the 60 Osborn assembly line reprints, the controls are installed on the left side of the center console by the driver. I'll take a second look tonight to see how the memory is working these days. Could have been installed on 59's or available as a dealer installed option. I'll look at the auction again, didn't see the locks listed before. The car is tempting, would look great in black with that interior.
            Ken
            1959 J Convertible
            1960 J Hardtop

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎