X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 57ford/60thunderbird
    Experienced
    • May 4 2009

new to site new owner of 60 t-bird need parts

hey all im a newbie to this site i just bought a 60 thunderbird it should be on my driveway this weekend i have allready did a walk around on the car and noticed a few missing pieces and parts that im going to need so i thought what better place to try to find parts for a squarebird then here , i found out about this site from a guy over on y-blocks forever

here is my starter list of parts i need
    a hood scoop insert (part that completes the scoop)
    and the insert for the scoop (chrome? stainless maybe?)
    the aircleaner center lid small round ( engine is a 352)
    a nice set of the hash mark emblems on the quarterpanels (all)
    passenger side door emblem
    original am radio doesnt have to work just look decent in the dash
    the bezel that holds the ignition switch in the dash
    2 solid red tailight lens's
    the grille bar that bolts to the grille mesh
    did squarebirds ever come with manual brakes? if they did i would like to switch mine from power to manual so i need the parts to do that

well thats all i can remember off the top of my head im sure there will be more very soon

alittle about my car it is a 2 door hardtop burgundy? maroon maybe with a white top and a goldish tanish interrior 352 4bbl auto ps,pb power windows

my family had a 60 back from like 65-75 (i was born in 70) and i have been looking for a squarebird since i was old enough to drive but now i finnally have one woohoo thanks in advance for all help locating these parts keith

duh i guess it would help if i put some contact info in here wouldnt it my email is stangrunner@fuse.net or you can pm me here im in hamilton ohio 45013
    Last edited by 57ford/60thunderbird; May 6, 2009, 08:24 PM.
    57 ford sedan
    60 thunderbird registry number 33404
    69 mustang coupe
    69 roadrunner
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

new to site new owner of 60 t-bird need parts

Hi Keith,

Some of those parts you might find amongst the guys here. If not, most Tbird parts houses listed on the main page in the Links section will have them. You can also contact John Draxler of Tbird Ranch. http://www.tbirdranch.com/ He may have many of them. His phone number is on his web page. Also check with Don at Bird Nest. Both places have a lot of parts from donor cars. Good luck!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• bird 60
      Super-Experienced
      • Mar 18 2009

Hi keith, & welcome to the Forum.

I'm sure you won't have any problems locating all the parts you mentioned, however I'm confused with one item.
      You asked if the '60 TBs came out with Manual Brakes.
      I'm not sure, but why would you want Manual Brakes.
      Did you know that the T.Bs weigh nearly 2 ton. A lot of T.B. owners are adding Disc Brakes so they can stop better.
      I would think about that isue very much if I were you.

Chris....From the Land of OZ.

Comment

• Coral
        Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Hi Keith!

Finally, someone close enough we might actually meet up some time, LOL

I've a 60 bird as well, Coral...there's a post My Squarebird and you can also grab my website link through my profile to see pix....although I noted that I never took a side shot of her...
        I'll give it a go tomorrow, but no promises...rain is called for going on the next three days...
        Planning on building myself a canoe soon...

I agree the parts you are searching for should be easy enough to lay hands on, if yer willing to pay that is!
        .... about the manual brakes....
        unless you're a power lifter, you'll never get a 'bird stopped in time...I agree with Chris, please give that a second thought...

Welcome aboard!

Comment

• 57ford/60thunderbird
          Experienced
          • May 4 2009

thanks for the welcomes
          thanks for your concern about the brakes but,
          i have never liked powerbrakes and also i can remember two things very clearly about my familys 60 tb and that is listening to them complain about the bumperettes kept falling off while driving and the powerbrakes never working right
          i like the look of a cleaner engine compartment also my car has the booster under the hood the guy i got mine from also has 2 59's one is a parts car that im getting a few things off of and on that car we both thought it had manual brakes but no the booster for it was under the dash .....strange.....and funky so that shot that idea in the foot

but dont worry the plan is to install discbrakes (manual) on the front of it eventually
          i wonder would it also shock you to know im taking the power steering off of it also?
          i like musclecars not only are they fast they give ya a work out while your driving

coral yeah maybe we can meet up sometime i go through ill on I70 at least 2-3 times a years my gf is from missouri and we go to visit her family there
          i saw pics of your 60 in the post under our cars looks like it was a good starting point id like to see some current pics is your plan to paint it coral? or are you going to go with the original color?
          my car is like yours was it hasnt run in about 1 1/2 years and the BRAKES dont work,see
          i found it on craigslist

bird 60 your 60 is beautiful s.o.m.e.d.a.y maybe mine will look half as nice as yours

im sure im going to have lots of questions down the road

oh yeah i remembered another part i need , my birdy doesnt have wiper arms so i need those

ill post some pics of it once i get it home
          Last edited by 57ford/60thunderbird; May 7, 2009, 10:38 AM.
          57 ford sedan
          60 thunderbird registry number 33404
          69 mustang coupe
          69 roadrunner

Comment

• Anders
            Super-Experienced
            • Jan 19 2008

Kieth,
            No need for disc brakes. You just have to plan the breaking a little.
            You will also find some of the parts you want from Larrys Thunderbird & Mustang parts in Los Angeles.
            sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
            http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

I have one bird with disc and one without.. Disc's are the way to go.. You can use Granada or Torino parts for the conversion or buy a kit online.
              Two most important items on any vehicle brakes and tires!
              your going to be one buff man parking that monster..
              But I understand..
              Cheers
              Last edited by Guest; May 9, 2009, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎