Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jim wheeler
    • Apr 22 2010

63 Thunderbird rims

Could someone tell me what other Ford rims match original 63 TBird rims, years, etc. Much appreciated! jim
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

A few questions come to mind:
    What diameter are you looking for?
    Are you ever going to convert to disk brakes?
    Do you need the nubs for 'dog dish' hub caps?

Some of the guys went with Bronco (or '70's Granada/Mustang) 14X6" rims from the bone yard, and had them sand blasted and powder coated. Here is one of those rims Howard is trying, over my disk brakes:

You can see the BULGE near the center of the rim, which gives clearance for the calipers. Howard is measuring, 3-1/2" BACK SPACING in this picture:

The bulge is more evident when you look at the bottom of the rim (in contrast to the snow).
    So, we need more info to answer your question properly. Many Ford rims will fit, but are they what you really want? - Dave
    Last edited by simplyconnected; April 24, 2010, 01:15 PM. Reason: Added pictures
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• jim wheeler
      • Apr 22 2010

Rims

Thanks, what great pictures.! For now, I need to replace to original rims as two of the original 14" are badly rusted due to many years in storage and on flat tires. I would love to convert to disc someday. It is my understanding that some Ford 14" rims were identical. I have this car running and now replacing tires, brake booster, radiator and power steering pump. Thanks again! Jim

Comment

• tbirder
        • Feb 25 2009

1963 Rims

Hey Jim,
        I have a complete set (5) of stock 14" rims if you still need them.
        They still have good radials on all of them as well.
        Drop me a line if interested. Oh and I have a full set of cherry Spinner Hub Caps for them too.
        Clint
        618-624-4091

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎