Thunderbird Registry #35780

Comment

• Randy
      Experienced
      • Dec 21 2015

Vermin

O yea he had quite the condominium, and I see evidence he has
      acquired more real estate under ash tray. I haven't looked under
      there. I think they moved! no signs of life Yet.

..Saw this truck, maybe it has 390 Not

"You're never too old to become younger".! (M. West)
      Randy's Save the Bird Foundation in Beautiful Fallbrook, California

!.This is the Greatest Square on Earth.!

Comment

• Randy
        Experienced
        • Dec 21 2015

Gremlins

With dash out it was a lot easier to see and work on it, and with your help have found at lest one gremlin!.Key switch had 12v yellow from light switch, but no place after, but oil and eng. light was always on. just as I hook up batt. they came on no mater what key position. ruff it up it its 56 years old ricky race that key if its broken you cant hurt it. with that in mind. I took volt measurement here and ther, have no idea what i'm doing.
        while looking dumbfounded at steering, My lovely Bride of 30 years in Aug. comes out "could you put on the water"! Oboy can I. Jump up unplug Batt. hang out for a bit in the house.
        .Now all fired up get back to Bird I had screwdriver in pocket and I whack what turns out in be the voltage regulator on the head. plug batt in go sit on floor look at wires, moving the tester
        from post to post, its lights up sometimes, take notes. "HEY" my oil and eng. lights are off haven't seen that, what happen check batt. maybe, I kicked something when I got out. ask Terri did you see 2 little lights on when you came out today?.?? !!!I whack that box!
        Yep open it up I see copper, coils, points, the first ones are burnt, I push on the top they stick, look in the window, LIGHTS are on, pull them apart they go off. Key still do nothing. no more time to day.Few days later. Get back after reading and getting help from the Square. Give the key a good wiggle, an wiggle no change not a flicker, wiggle harder well if it wasn't broken it is now! came apart in the middle, separated guts on floor! have to get new switch. I guess I'll work on brakes.
        ............................................................ ............

Now the Bird has been up on blocks and jacks since I needed wheels to get the 59 parts car. and I read that you have to hammer sometime to get drums off. Let me tell you I hammered, ......
        Stupid *** Randy did not have the nut with all the grease off.
        Thats right. Yeah laugh it up!! My neighbor stuck his head over the fence what all that racket? that's about the same time it hit me!Duh!. Disks no problem. two very short videos at end of pictures, shows Brakes drums and stuff Best looking part of the bird.

Comment

Randy nice videos. I would like to point out one thing. GET RID OF THE CINDER BLOCKS they are not safe. Get some jack stands or wood blocks. When I was a kid is school, one of my classmates found his Dad dead under a car held up by cinder blocks that had failed. I cringe every time I see cinder blocks used.

Best regards, Gary

Comment

• Randy
            Experienced
            • Dec 21 2015

Jacks

I hear you loud and clear Mr Gary. I have 6 ton jack to go under
            Bird which i didn't have at the time, needed tires to get parts car.
            even though they are 30 pound block, Jacks should have been in
            place by now! Thank for Knuckle thump on my head!
            Attached Files

Comment

• Randy
              Experienced
              • Dec 21 2015

Booster off 3-4-16

master/Booster. Pictures and 3 videos grinding rivets off to get bracket ready for my new disk brakes.
              /

Comment

• Randy
                Experienced
                • Dec 21 2015

eng. sighting`

390 fe Been looking for a good find in spare time. nothing till a few days ago. Part Car is at mother-in-law all wrapped up.
                I was going to measure the stroke, then started going things that
                needs doing. I did get a # off intake and on trans. I hope its good
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Randy; March 5, 2016, 12:38 AM.

Comment

• Randy
                  Experienced
                  • Dec 21 2015

..Yesterday got lots done. Took off the rest of front brakes and did some,lots of cleaning, put more jacks on and left blocks for more support and just in case. it took awhile to get it square with distributing weight on all jacks. this would make a good time to have two jacks with adjustable levelers.! We clean up the Garage and dash, and for your enjoyment pic.& video to see..what going on, O and Terri bought me some new work duds, now I need a name tag.

.Next is Terri she said Hi

and this link is the rest but not intended for tutoring..

Comment

• Dakota Boy
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Jun 30 2009

I remember fighting all those front end pieces a few winters ago... Fun stuff!
                    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• Randy
                      Experienced
                      • Dec 21 2015

3/20/16

driver side ball joints out, A-arm out, lower bushing check, uppers bushing they are kicking me but I will win
                      '
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENqhKocECbs spring out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ykter5R2Dgk bushings out
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/126764...in/dateposted/ horse shoe in my spring
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/126764...57663661997193 the pic. of removal of joint.

Comment

• Randy
                        Experienced
                        • Dec 21 2015

I could not get the uppers bushing out. So i cut'm out. and I'll
                        just take one side at a time. But I can tell you this much, the other side will be a piece of cake.

Comment

• simplyconnected
                          Administrator
                          • May 26 2009

Randy, your picture (CLICK HERE) says it all.

That split is eye candy to me and it makes this job so much easier. I love it. Good job!

BTW, before you pound your new bushings in, that shaft must be in place and oriented correctly. This job is coming along nicely. - Dave
                          Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                          --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Word Man
                            • Mar 19 2016

Nice parts score!

Next time, take along PB Blaster for the bolts. WD40 is not a penetrating oil, while PB is a miracle maker!

Comment

• Randy
                              Experienced
                              • Dec 21 2015

vid is the 4th bushing just found it. just got home to dark to play
                              with bird, had some time this morning to do a little cleaning,
                              Muriatic acid ( cough..) they put this stuff in pools? are you kidding me! i don't know if it is all that good for kids in pools,
                              but it eats rust like nobody's Business!! ill get soom pic for you hopefully tomorrow, so of us till put in 10-15-20 hour work days.
                              aa sleep its so over rated.

Comment

• simplyconnected
                                Administrator
                                • May 26 2009

Holy cow! Really? They put muriatic acid in pools? I'd be afraid it would melt the kids! It's really strong stuff.

Glad to hear you're taking the rust off your "A" arms, Randy. It's going to look dynamite when you're done. - Dave
                                Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                                --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎