X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bcomo
    Super-Experienced
    • Sep 23 2005

Emergency -- Eccentric Pushrod

My 430 rebuild has come to a complete stop !!!!

The fuel pump eccentric pushrod is lost, and I've had no luck finding a used one.

If someone has a 430 apart, and can give me the measurements of the rod using a micrometer, then the machine shop can make a replacement.

Thanks
    Bart
    1960 Hard Top/430
    Thunderbird Registry Number 1231
  • tp tbird
    Experienced
    • Dec 17 2007

Fuel Pump push rod

I see a new one on e-bay #120226812527 for $9.99+$5.10 sh there is 3 days 20 hours left before it ends.The # for the rod is #OEM CIVE-9400A ,#OEM B8S-9400A worth a look.TWP.

Comment

• bcomo
      Super-Experienced
      • Sep 23 2005

tp tbird:

Thanks very much for that tip. Can't believe that you came up with that.

I'll bid on it just in case I can't find one available sooner if possible. The engine work is at a total stand still and I don't know how long the shop can wait for the push rod.
      Last edited by bcomo; February 28, 2008, 11:08 PM.
      Bart
      1960 Hard Top/430

Comment

• tp tbird
        Experienced
        • Dec 17 2007

I got my engine and transmission back in ,but still putting parts on it.It looks 1000% better than when I got it.I hope it will run after all that I put into it ,blood , sweat ,and tears (also money).My 430 convertible seems to be higher than my 352 hard top,I have like 10 inches from the floor to the back of the front wheel well on the 430 with new coil springs and only 6 inches in on the hard top.I don't think it was that high when I got it ,but it had a broken spring in the front.I have not put the front bumper and hood back on it yet ,so that may lower it a little. TWP

Comment

• bcomo
          Super-Experienced
          • Sep 23 2005

We did a big post on "Ride Height" and folks measured front and rear height. This height was measured from the Center of the HubCap to the bottom center of the Wheel Well. This way tire size was not a factor and the measurement is from the axle to the wheel well.

The 430 springs are different from 352 springs, and were engineered for the added weight of the 430, but still giving the same ride height. So, the ride heights, at least for the 59-60 were the same regardless of 430 or 352.

Here's what we got:

Front: 59-60

14" to 14.5" from the Center of Hub Cap to bottom of Wheel well lip should be close to the original front measurement.

Rear: 59-60

7" to 7.5" from the Center of Hub Cap to top of skirt should be close to the original rear measurement with 6 leaf springs (standard equipment).

Optional factory heavy duty rear suspension with 7 leaf springs should be about 8" to 8.5"
          Bart
          1960 Hard Top/430

Comment

• tbird430
            Super-Experienced
            • Jun 18 2007

Bart, I was over at my folks house last night to get and measure that fuel pump rod. I see the timing cover had to come off to get at it. I only pulled the heads and intake manifold.... I'll need more time.
            sigpic
            The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• tp tbird
              Experienced
              • Dec 17 2007

Hummmmm!I went out and measured the front and got 17 inches from the hub to bottom of fender well lip without the bumper being on.I wonder if they sent me the wrong ones ,I didn't compare them to my old ones .TWP

Comment

• bcomo
                Super-Experienced
                • Sep 23 2005

Jon:

I found a NOS rod last night, and it's on the way to me. So, don't worry about taking the measurement.

Thanks for the help.

tp tbird:

The old spring should have measured between 15 1/2" to 15 3/4" standing on the bottom flat to the tip of the highest coil.

Two things to consider:

1. If you haven't driven the car yet, the tires are still rolled in after it came down from the jack. After you move it, the height will be lower.

2. Adding the front bumper will also bring the height down some.

What do you get as a measurement on the rear, from center of hub cap to wheel well lip?
                Last edited by bcomo; March 1, 2008, 05:13 PM.
                Bart
                1960 Hard Top/430

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎