1965 T-Bird

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Popcorn
    • May 18 2010

Well, I ended up not getting this bird. I almost got one from Washington for about the same price and a little better condition. But, instead, I got a 1980 MGB Roadster. I don't know if you guys approve, but its another car that I have been interested in. Thanks for everything and I enjoyed learning about the t-bird.

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

You certainly don't need our approval, and we are all glad you got what you want. But, I think the Thunderbird would have turned many more heads than the 1980 MGB Roadster. I can honestly say that because I don't own a T-bird or a MGB. (My two cents.) - Dave
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Popcorn
        • May 18 2010

True, but it is a cute little car and depends on who's looking and what cars they know. What's interesting though is that it has three windshield wipers. So strange....

Comment

• troubsullivan
          Apprentice
          • Apr 1 2010

well good luck with the car popcorn! enjoy!

Comment

Back in the day I had a '59 MGA, doubt I could get in it now. Fun car to drive. In fact the most fun car I ever had till I got my 02TBird. That's way better. Good luck Jennifer and thanks for hooking me up with this site. I'm learning lots about my '65 just lurking.

My wife and I are traveling to a TBN (Thunderbird Nest) event in Clarksdale MS. We are in Memphis for couple of days before we get there.

Comment

My son has been working on my '65 and sent me this e-mail today. He pulled the rear seat to install seat belts. He's talking about rust.

I knew if I looked hard enough I would find rust somewhere. Its under the rear seat cushion on the drivers side where the floor meets the wheel well. They have sound deadening pads stuck to the floor under the seat to keep our the noise and the heat. If I can find the right tools cheap enough I can probably make a patch panel for in there. There might also be patch panes available but I have to look in the books and online when I get home. Some of that huge sound pad will have to be removed anyway to put the plates in for the seat belts. I will see if they have any at work that I can have. They sell it in a big sheet that you cut to fit and pieces are left over from time to time. It looks like the pad is crumbling pretty bad especially on the edges bùt after 45 years I'm sure that's normal. I guess all in all this is not too discouraging cause I've been thru this thing pretty thoroughly since I've had it and that's the only rust hole I've seen. And either way it has to be fixed especially now that I have the rear interior out to put the belts in. I think its gonna be about time to put together another order. I want to finish some of the stuff I'm already into before moving on to the next item. I will let you know by the end of the day what we need ok.

So there it is. I wish I had that little rust after 45 years!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎