X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

Stainless Steel Cars

I have posted the pictures that Bill took of the stainless steel cars at the Crawford Museum , including the 1960 Thunderbird, at http://www.squarebirds.org/prototypes_race_oddities.htm .

The page needs a little more work, but I want everyone to enjoy the picures now.

Thanks Bill!!!

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Stainless Steel Cars

I have one question. Is it a 1966 or a 1967 Lincoln? The Crawford lists it as a 1966 Lincoln while the Allegheny Steel site at http://www.alleghenytechnologies.com...nlesscars.html lists it as a 1967 Lincoln. I think the last four door Lincoln convertible was made in 1966, making this stainless steel car a 1966. Am I correct or does the stainless car have 1967 updates?

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

RE: Stainless Steel Cars

Thanks Alexander it looks nice. I think the Lincoln is a 66 like you said, sporting some updates for th 67 model year. Everyone at the museum was very nice and several people asked why I am taking so many photos of those particular cars. I explained to them the significance of those automobiles, after that they seemed to take more notice of them. The 60 thunderbird was so calling my name. If not for it being on the lower level I would have contemplated grand theft square bird! I know that stainless is more expensive and harder to work with, but man does it make a great looking auto. Not to mention an automoblile which will stand the test of time like no other.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎