No announcement yet.

Burnt Wirring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need advice

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burnt Wirring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need advice

Well here is the big culprit that causes the tail lights not to work!!!! I think this is the wire harness that runs back to the trunk and of course light the tail lights. Interesting how someone could keep running a car with this problem as it looks like it was toasted quit sometime ago by the copper wires being green.

Now I'm going to look for a new wiring harness or maybe haft to just spice new wires on to area that cable is not burnt. Anyway there are a few more burnt wire up in the rat nest but again how could anyone drive this car and sell it that way. The guy I bought the car from bought this car unseen and was trailed to his property. I really don't think he new that there was so much damage to this wiring as he just buys cars and does not know anything about them.

More picture coming on the rat nest and burnt wiring!

Could someone comment on this picture and tell me if I'm right about being this is the tail light harness. Thanks Jon

RE: Burnt Wirring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need advice

Same wirring but were connections are at. Jon

Comment

This picture is of the wirring that leads from signal fuse and its toasts also. Jon

Comment

And the last picture!!Make you wonder why the whole car did not catch fire or why who ever owned this car didn't get worried about the smoke comming from under the dash. Oh well it can be fixed and that's happening right now. Jon

Comment

• Alexander
          Webmaster
          • Oct 30 2002

That part of the harness that is in the cloth coverring is for the power windows. I am not sure about the rest of the wires. If they lead to the back of the car, they are for the rear lights. There is really nothing else wired back there.

Alexander
          1959 Hardtop
          1960 Golde Top
          Alexander
          1959 Hard Top
          1960 Golde Top
          sigpic

Comment

You mine to say part of that loom is for the electrical switches and not for the tail lights in that first picture?

Comment

Let see I will state that again part of that loom is for the tail lights and part is for the switches for the electrical windows Jon

Comment

You know what is surpriseing is that the windows work!!! but your right on part of those wires being for the windows as I just checked out with my new repair manual and the schematic shows those colors. Thanks JonJon

Comment

RE: Burnt Wiring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need advice

Alex by checking out my Tech Manual and the pictures I took that wire over by the main light switch that toast is the parking light wire. I guess the reason this wire got toasted was it was enclosed with those other wires that were fried in the second picture. Just kind of fun checking out the missing wire and being a detective with this wiring mess!!!! Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎