X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dgs
    Super-Experienced
    • Feb 13 2003

First Parade

After 10 years of ownership, I got my car in its first parade no Friday - my daughter's high school's homecoming parade. It was a beautiful night, not too cold.

Homecoming Parade time. by _salguod, on Flickr

The seniors riding with me had it good. All the 'modern' convertibles there had non-removable rear headrests that made it hard to sit up on the deck lid comfortably. That's my 12 YO daughter tying off the balloons on the fender ornaments. She was designated candy tosser too. (BTW, I don't recommend tying balloons there in a parade. Looks great, but little kids dash out to gather up candy in front of you and you can't see where they went!)

Car performed well and got lots of attention and comments. The only other older convertible was a nice '75 Eldorado.
    DGS (aka salguod)
    1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
    www.salguod.net
  • DKheld
    Super-Experienced
    • Aug 27 2008

I like those wheels better every time I see them - great picture - brings back great memories. Bet everyone was talking about all the "beauties" including the car.....

I had a convertible in high school and got to be in the homecoming parade. Bet the seniors that rode in my car would have loved a ride like that - mine was not anywhere as nice - it was a '72 MGB - but hey - what fun.

Eric
    registry 5347

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎