X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frankvv
    Apprentice
    • Sep 14 2009

"Heat Delete" dash plate

I have recently purchased a 59 Bird with no heat. The plate in the engine compartment ois made of metal and has rolled edges and looks like it really is a factory install. However, the plate that is in the dash looks like it could have come from the factory, but I am really not sure. I understand that there is someone in the Rochester NY area that has a California Squarebird with heat delete. If you read this, or if anyone knows how I could contact this person, I'd love to get a picture of the dash delete plate. My email address is frvanvliet@yahoo.com
    Thanks,
    Frank
    PS I'd be happy to send pictures of my dash plate. I am going to remove the console to get a picture of the rear of this item as well to see how it is mounted. Not sure how to post pictures on this site.

Heat delete Tbird

Hey Frank,
    This is what Ray found out: During a Search on the Forum, the ONLY references I have found regarding a Squarebird with a heater delete option is the one on eBay that was for sale, that we all talked about. That is the one that Frank bought, as I understand it.

The other reference was a comment by Alexander back in 2005. Here is what he said.
    Then again I have seen a Squarebird with a heater delete which had a blanking plate on the firewall where ordinarily the fan and ducts would be installed. I doubt Ford sold more than a handful of Squarebirds with no heating system, yet there was a special blanking plate for it.

It would not surprise me if the Squarebird he saw is the one that Frank bought. As I recall, that Tbird came out of Alexander's area, I think.

So I do not know who else on the Forum might own one. The only way we will find out is if someone pipes up and says something!
    I'm not done we will keep trying!!!
    Richard D. Hord

Comment

Hey Guys,
      Frankvv has just bought him a very rare Thunderbird. He asked me to post these photos for him. She is one we talked about with the heat delete! Also anyone know where there is another one Frank would like to talk with them! The first photo is in behind where the heater box would have been under the dash. The second photo is dash view with the heat delete panel in place. The third photo is the firewall where the heater would have been. The last photo is the cover panel in dash where the heater controls would have been. Looks all original to me, once again she's a very rare Bird!
      Check this out!!!
      Richard D. Hord
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Guest; September 22, 2009, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎