Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coral
    Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Your not supposed to keep secrets Ray.....

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

My Interior Work On Rose Has Started

Ahhh, but Cathie, this is a good secret to keep... For awhile... I want to show ya'll the Before and After all at one time, instead of piecemeal... So far, the molded pieces that go next to the rear windows have been re-covered, as has the package tray. I think they look really nice! Suffice it to say that I have been very actively involved in this process taking care of other things while my interior guy, Danny, does the actual breaking down of the interior, and the building of the new one for Rose. I think when he gets the new one in and she sees herself in her rear view mirror, she is gonna be stepping with pride and style.. Either that, or she is gonna be backfiring and hissing because she does not like it! But I think it will be the former, and not the latter.

In the meantime, I will show you what I can of the breakdown and building of the new interior without giving things away.. Which means, that for awhile, there may not be to many pictures, but I will post what I can...

So far, regardless of how much we have looked, we have not found the Build Sheet. As I said earlier, I suspect it might have been found during an earlier replacement of the seat covers and carpeting and discarded because no one knew the importance of it.. But the carpeting is coming out, more than likely, and we will look really well under that.
      Last edited by YellowRose; July 25, 2009, 12:24 AM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Hey Ray,
        Loooookkking Goooood!!!
        Richard D. Hord

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Progress Continues on Yellow Rose's Interior

About half of the rear interior of Rose has been completed now. The package tray, window side pieces, the piece I call "The Horseshoe" that wraps around the seats, and the rear side panels. The rear seats will be next, it appears. So far, a continued search for the ROT Sheet has netted us nothing. I am not going to quit looking for it until everything is pulled up. It could be in the center console, but I am pretty sure the previous owner had it out. He had run a big buss cable to that Xplod amplifier he had mounted in the spare tire well. So he must have taken that center console off to run it. It is probably long gone.

Here is the link again. I have only added one picture since last Friday.

http://thunderbirds.fortunecity.com/...rdInterior.htm

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• Coral
            Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

button-tufted!?

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Cathie! Ahaaa! I see I gave away one of my "secrets"! Yesss, button-tufted because I like the look better than some of the other ways the interior and seats can be done.. I looked at a good number of interiors, and they all look so bland until I looked at some with the deep seated button tufts. I said to me, "That is the look I like the best and I think button-tufted looks so much more elegant than others"! And since I want Rose to look elegant and stylin', that was my choice! Soooo, there ya go!

Last edited by YellowRose; July 29, 2009, 12:47 PM. Reason: Additional comment

Comment

• Coral
                Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

well, gooollllyyy.....Ray...yer gonna need to wear a suit and tie to drive her now..

Comment

• YellowRose
                  Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Ummmm, not necessarily sooo. I will send ya a picture of what I have been known to show up at S&S's looking like!

Comment

• Dutchbird
                    Experienced

• Dec 20 2005

Originally posted by YellowRose
                    Ahaaa! I see I gave away one of my "secrets"! Yesss, button-tufted because I like the look better than some of the other ways the interior and seats can be done.. I looked at a good number of interiors, and they all look so bland until I looked at some with the deep seated button tufts. I said to me, "That is the look I like the best and I think button-tufted looks so much more elegant than others"! And since I want Rose to look elegant and stylin', that was my choice!

Hi Ray,

I think like many members on this forum I'm watching the progress (and your updates) on Rose frequently. It's good to see you're creating your Rose!!!

(and Cathie: It's not the car and/or suit that makes the man)

Comment

• Anders
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Jan 19 2008

Hi Cathie! Ahaaa! I see I gave away one of my "secrets"! Yesss, button-tufted because I like the look better than some of the other ways the interior and seats can be done.. I looked at a good number of interiors, and they all look so bland until I looked at some with the deep seated button tufts. I said to me, "That is the look I like the best and I think button-tufted looks so much more elegant than others"! And since I want Rose to look elegant and stylin', that was my choice! Soooo, there ya go!

I saw that, and wondered for a while that, didnīt that come in the ī60 cheep version...

And now you confirm it and explain the reason behind it.....
                      Iīm shocked !
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Anders; July 30, 2009, 12:56 AM.
                      sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
                      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• YellowRose
                        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Anders! Yup, the button tufted side panels and seat coverings were used on both the cloth and the vinyl interiors on the '60 Tbird. On the leather seats, they used a vertical pleat, which I do not like. So yes, I am going the "cheep" route, so to speak, except that my wallet does not think this is "cheep"! lol.. Yes, my interior is going to resemble that of the '60 Tbird...Somewhat........ I think it will all look very nice when it is done...

Comment

• Anders
                          Super-Experienced
                          • Jan 19 2008

Hi Anders! Yup, the button tufted side panels and seat coverings were used on both the cloth and the vinyl interiors on the '60 Tbird. On the leather seats, they used a vertical pleat, which I do not like. So yes, I am going the "cheep" route, so to speak, except that my wallet does not think this is "cheep"! lol.. Yes, my interior is going to resemble that of the '60 Tbird...Somewhat........ I think it will all look very nice when it is done...
                          I guess itīs heathy that we all have different taste
                          I wouldnīt be suppriced if you chrome whatīs possible in the interior as well, ha, ha, ha...
                          But that might be to tough for Chathie to digest
                          I love the ī60 doors, but not the button version, so I guess Iīll go "premium style" with the leather, when itīs time.

When ever that is......

sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
                          http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• Coral
                            Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Not so fast Anders...I love shiny - Ray could indeed chrome the interior and I wouldn't mind at all....

Comment

• DKheld
                              Super-Experienced
                              • Aug 27 2008

My headliner info

Below is a pic of what was under my original headliner when I replaced it. Mice had chewed a hole in the headliner above the passenger side sunvisor when it was down for the disc brake conversion. Probably could have repaired it by replacing the front panel only (that was all that was bad ) but decided to just get a new one since the cost was about the same. Ordered the standard white one from Concours and it was about 20 shades lighter than my original. Don't think my original had faded that much because the areas of the headliner that were behind the chrome strips were only slightly lighter than the rest of it. Was not happy with the replacement at all.

Took my original headliner to a trim shop and he ordered materal that matches in grain and color of my original very close. Re installed the new headliner that the trim shop made myself - turned out great - but you need something more than an electric stapler to attach the sides. The guy at the trim shop let me use his air driven stapler which worked perfectly.

I was lucky that all my cardboard tack strips were in good shape - don't know if they can be replaced. Had some surface rust from the mice running around in the header so I sprayed everything metal with that stuff that converts rust and protects that metal - Duro Extend - I think was the brand.

Used white nylon quilt batting for extra insulation on top of the headliner. Works great for sound but so-so as a heat barrier. Figured it would not hold moisture and was lightweight so didn't need to glue it. My original insulation was in good shape except for one small area. Cork was not original in my '60 - but a materal similar to what the guy is installing in your car now - maybe there was a change from '59 to '60.

Eric
                              Registry 5347

Before

After painting

Original material

Comment

• YellowRose
                                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Eric, thanks for posting the pix. I am glad there was no indication of mice or rust in my overhead. As for the original headliner, it is something that I should have thought about before I started and ordered one. So Rose is not going to have an original style headliner in her because I went with what he had and suggested. Oh well.. I am not trying to keep her original anyway.

And Anders... Are you a mind reader or what? There are a number of interesting candidates for chroming in the interior, including what I call the "Horseshoe", wrap around part for the seats. That is metal, but the arm rests are plastic. The pieces next to the windows are metal, as are the pieces that wrap around the bottoms of the front seats, and the center console is also metal. Ever wonder what a chromed center console would look like? And chroming costs here are not that expensive.. So yes, there a number of pieces that can be chromed...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎