No announcement yet.

Name my T-Bird

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name my T-Bird

As you all know I'm new to this site and I've noticed that some of you all have names for you T-Birds. Mine is a 59 two door HT. It's Baltic blue with a colonial white top. Interior is dark blue over white. I'm not real versed on popular names of the fiftys being that I was raised in the late sixtys/seventies. Could any of you all suggest a great name for my T-Bird? I couldn't tell you if it's a she bird or boy bird but it's light blue so I think it's a she bird. Ha Ha.....Det45
  • bcomo
    Super-Experienced
    • Sep 23 2005

Keith:

How about the "Bluebird"?

Where are you located in San Antonio? I'm in the north central area around 1604 and Hwy 281. Nice to have another squarebird in the area.
    Bart
    1960 Hard Top/430
    Thunderbird Registry Number 1231

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Name my T-Bird

Hi Keith!

You could have knocked me over with a feather when you said you were in San Antonio! I had not looked at your location before, like I usually do to see where the various members are from. I will echo Bart's words about welcoming you and having another Bird in San Antonio. I live opposite Bart in that I am on the southwest part of town, near Lackland AFB. Bart has a lot of knowledge regarding our Birds, and I am learning.

As for a name for your Bird, I have the perfect name for her. "Blue Bird"! I was going to say "Baby Bird", but it is not a Baby Bird, but a Squarebird. So you should call her "Blue Bird"! That is my suggestion. As for the sex, I am certain mine is a female, though I did not see any indication of that when I was underneath her the other day! I figured she had to be a female just by her nature!

As you know, if you have been reading the posts, I am getting my "Yellow Bird" ready for a Show & Tell in Castroville tomorrow evening. The other Bird owners of the So. Texas Thunderbird Club (you should join and I or Bart can tell you how) are caravaning across 1604, down IH-10, to Loop 410 and then to Hiway 90 West not to far from my place. Bart is coming over here to go with me and we are going to be the caboose on the caravan. If you would like to go with us, let me know. I will send you my phone number in a PM.

It is great to have another Squarebird owner here!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Hello again, I'm located at the Marbach Ellison area (Heritage) neighbor hood. My 59 is in the garage on jacks so I can evaluate the rust issues. Could use some advice with the rust situation. I have two other friends who have T-Birds, one has a 56 and the other has a 64. I'm sure both are willing to join the club. Currently my bird is not licensed, I only had it for a month or so. Right now I'm rebuilding my friends 64 T-Bird 390 engine. We have been working on his bird for a while now. I am a very good mechanic and can work just about any mechanical issue however I do not do body work or weld. I will need to get some advice on the rusted unit body on my 59. It looks like it can be repaired but I want to make sure someone looks at it so I don't run into any safety issues etc. Overall the car looks to be in good condition and the engine runs good. The name Blue Bird for my 59 sounds good but I'll wait for more recommendations before I make a final decision. I plan on keeping this bird for a long time. Thanks again.....Det45

Comment

• Anders
          Super-Experienced
          • Jan 19 2008

Before I named my car "Ruth" I was thinking of great typical names such as Mary Lou or Mary Ann.
          But I think short, unexpected names give it a more personelized caracter to it. My dogs name is Hugo.

Go for something like Ethel or Selma.

Btw: Ruth got homesick when I told her about your clubmeetings in Texas...
          sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
          http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• tarps3
            Super-Experienced
            • Jul 21 2003

how about Evelyn?
            it's a good solid 50's name.
            very classy - like these cars.
            Casey

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Name my T-Bird

Hi Keith!

Goodness! You and I only live a few miles apart! I live in the area of John Jay HS. You have my phone number in a PM, so feel free to call me at any time. I have some ideas on how to handle that rust problem you are concerned with. Others with a lot more experience probably can be of good help to you also.

I know the guys and gals in STCC and VTCI locally would love to have you as members. You have the phone number for them in that PM I sent you.

I hope I can be of assistance to you by sharing my experiences of restoring my Bird so far. It is good that you are a good mechanic. I am not, and have to rely on a good friend of mine who is.

If you have any questions, again, feel free to call me at any time. You will not be imposing on me. I am sure Bart will also be very glad to help you also.

Best Regards,

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
              The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
              Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
              Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
              https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Blue Bird dose sound good I havent got a name for mine yet,but I guess I will have to run it passed my better half as after being married for 50 years she still hasn't let me forget that she had to give me $10.00 when I got license plates for my first car.You guys make me feel so loney some times when you talk about how close you live to each other, I haven't found anyone in Ky. yet that has a square Bird
                Bob M

Comment

• ncbird
                  Experienced
                  • Jan 5 2008

name

Robin comes to mind....from rocking robin a great old rock and roll hit and a Robin is a bird..and Robins have blue eggs.
                  Grant
                  NCbird on the Coast of NC
                  "Dads Bird" for my father

Comment

• RustyNCa
                    Super-Experienced
                    • May 31 2007

BlueBird shoulds good to me also.

My kids named my yellow bird, big bird, Cute eh, yellow, big and a bird.... my 15 year found that very clever, but then I learned there was a whole series that were called the big bird....

So now it is still called big bird, guess we another name for it...

Comment

• fomoco59
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Jun 10 2005

Mine's been named "Raven" since I got her. (raven black)
                      sigpic
                      Mike Lemmon
                      '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• tbird430
                        Super-Experienced
                        • Jun 18 2007

My '60 has never had a name, my high school/college buddies called her "Thunder Chicken" back in the day though....
                        sigpic
                        The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

Sorry Keith I called you Bill in my last post.

Comment

• frank58
                            Super-Experienced
                            • May 28 2006

I am still in the planning stage for my '58 so I haven't even begun to think of a name. Later on during the restoration I'm sure one will come to me as "it" show me "it's" character. I find it interesting that everyone (mostly) seems to agree on a female name..... That does seem right, as I would not feel right being in love with a Bill.
                            Back in the late 60's my '59 was quite well known in the Boston area as "Captain America". God, I wish I still had him...errr her!

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                              Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Keith the beauty of naming your squarebird is that you can call her whatever suits yor fancy. Our 58 is called " Maggie " simply because I got it for my wife Margaret.I too agree, that a single name adds some punch to our classics. If it's blue then " Robin " sounds like it fits the bill and then of course, when you get another black one, call it " Batman "

BOBM don't you feel lonely, with no one near you as being way up here in Calgary, Alberta Canada I am far as well. This site brings us all together.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                              Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                              Thunderbird Registry
                              58HT #33317
                              60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡