Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zgolson
    • Nov 12 2012

Getting close to the finish

Here is a couple of links to my gallery. This Bird has been in the family since it was new. I got it last November and started the bodywork. It is set to be painted Aug 1st. I will send more pictures as I progress.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Zac
  • Dakota Boy
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 30 2009

I like the all-black interior; but then that's what I have in my car....
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

The chrome is stunning. This will be a beautiful car when finished. - Dave
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• zgolson
        • Nov 12 2012

Originally posted by Dakota Boy
        I like the all-black interior; but then that's what I have in my car....
        I could not tolerate the black and white interior.

Comment

• zgolson
          • Nov 12 2012

Originally posted by simplyconnected
          The chrome is stunning. This will be a beautiful car when finished. - Dave
          Thank you. it was done by Abbotts Plating in Philadelphia. They do a great job and only missed the delivery date by 3 days,

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Getting close to the finish

Hi Zachary! She is coming along! The chrome looks great and I like what you did to the grill! It is to bad that Ford did not think about opening the grill up like you did, and adding that Tbird script to it. I wish I had thought of that! As for the black and white interior, I did not mind it, but once I decided to go bright yellow and white on the exterior paint, I wanted the interior to match it. When you gitterdone please post some more pix!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
            Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• pcjr
              Apprentice
              • Aug 27 2012

Zac, It is certainly coming along nicely and you are doing a great job keeping it in the family. What color did you choose?

Comment

• zgolson
                • Nov 12 2012

Originally posted by pcjr
                Zac, It is certainly coming along nicely and you are doing a great job keeping it in the family. What color did you choose?
                I chose a burnt orange metallic with a pearl silver top. I will post the pictures when its done. It is getting painted today. I am on travel so I wont see it for a couple of weeks. Bad timing for me, the anticipation is killing me.

Comment

• zgolson
                  • Nov 12 2012

New Color

Comment

• Anders
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Jan 19 2008

Looks like a killer color!
                    sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
                    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• zgolson
                      • Nov 12 2012

Originally posted by Anders
                      Looks like a killer color!
                      Pictures do it no justice. Its beautiful, metallic very shiny.

Comment

• pcjr
                        Apprentice
                        • Aug 27 2012

Originally posted by zgolson
                        Pictures do it no justice. Its beautiful, metallic very shiny.
                        That was one of my final three choices as well. It is going to look tremendous. What color interior?

Comment

• zgolson
                          • Nov 12 2012

Originally posted by pcjr
                          That was one of my final three choices as well. It is going to look tremendous. What color interior?
                          All black. There are pictures in the photo bucket.

Comment

• DKheld
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Aug 27 2008

Looking really great.
                            As mentioned - that chrome work and grille treatment are nice.
                            The black and white interior works great on the white car but I think the all black will be much better on the color choice you made - going to be a fun cruiser indeed.
                            Had someone tell me one time that "white looks plain - like you couldn't afford a color" Oh well - to each his own.

Have you converted to front disc brakes?

Eric
                            (edit - oh forgot to mention - mine has been in the family since new also - my Dad and Mom bought it new - well - the car actually found them instead of the other way around)

Last edited by DKheld; August 8, 2013, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Joe Johnston
                              Super-Experienced
                              • Dec 23 2008

Had someone tell me one time that "white looks plain - like you couldn't afford a color" Oh well - to each his own.
                              Next time tell them its the base for a Watson custom paint job!
                              Everything goes with white exterior and should you at some point want to swap the interior to red, blue or whatever, its a possibility.

Good looking Bird!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎